Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Columbus 302 rs

Electrical Schmatic for Columbus 320rs

We have a dead outlet above the sink counter to the left.
Our repair facility says the neutral line is dead and appears to be tied to the GFI in the bathroom but they don't know where the connection is made.

We are in need of the electrical schmatics for the fifth wheel. Does anyone have a set?

Thanks
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #2

I would strongly suggest contacting Jack Landers at Columbus. Here's his email address:
jlanders@forestriverinc.com. He should be able to help you.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge View Post
We have a dead outlet above the sink counter to the left.
Our repair facility says the neutral line is dead and appears to be tied to the GFI in the bathroom but they don't know where the connection is made.

We are in need of the electrical schmatics for the fifth wheel. Does anyone have a set?

Thanks
Don't count on a schematic however if you are electorally savvy it might be easy to find and fix. Usually outlets are dead because the squeeze fit connection in the back vibrated loose and either the neutral side or hot side comes loose. This can the same outlet that is open or the one just before. The dealer is probably correct, in the kitchen, outside and the bath are all required to be GFCI protected. Just make sure there are not two protected circuits, the breakers are clearly marked which are GFCI. Try to picture the run from the GFCI outlet in this case the bath, whats the next logical place for the wire to run. Just check with meter or plug in tester to follow outlet to outlet. The target or the one just before will usually be the culprit assuming there is only one circuit, check for more.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Columbus 302 rs

The repair staff determined that the problem was somewhere in the line between the kitchen outlet and the bathroom GFI, but they didn't want to waste time and dollars to continue trying to find where the junction might be if they could fix it quickly with the schematic. They did test the wires going into both outlets.
I suspect it's a wiring junction somwhere where the wire nut has come loose.

I'll contact Jack on Wednesday or Thursday after our weather phenomena has passed.
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge View Post
The repair staff determined that the problem was somewhere in the line between the kitchen outlet and the bathroom GFI, but they didn't want to waste time and dollars to continue trying to find where the junction might be if they could fix it quickly with the schematic. They did test the wires going into both outlets.
I suspect it's a wiring junction somwhere where the wire nut has come loose.

I'll contact Jack on Wednesday or Thursday after our weather phenomena has passed.
I've seen and have vendor plans for equipment and some very good cad sketches of equipment hookup like for TV from FR. They will not provide schematics for any complete system, I've seen many attempts from readers to get them. We must work around it. Rules do not allow Junction boxes to join wires in the same circuit route. Supposed to use single lengths of wires and never allowed to hide JB's behind closed walls. Your repair guy should be up to snuff on Electrical rules and probably know there should not be JB's between outlets. Just suggestin but bettin the loose wire is in a recptacle.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
320rs