Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Factory Option - 2 Burner Cooktop or Weber BBQ

We ordered our trailer (325RL) months ago. We have been told it's at the dealers and way before we asked for delivery. However, they are telling us that "there is no 2 burner cook top available only the Weber BBQ".
We specifically wanted the 2 burner cook top which we of course ordered at the time. I have replied to our dealer telling them that, and am waiting to hear back from them.
I have also placed a call into Columbus. I just called the number listed on the website and it seems it's someone's voicemail where I left a message. I couldn't hear whose voicemail it was, but I guess I will have to wait to hear back.

I was not aware that the 2 burner cook top was no longer an option - is this the case? If so, when did it change? So far we are unhappy about this and hope it can be rectified.

Anyone have a better contact phone number to reach whoever would be best to speak to at Columbus???

2011 Ford F250 Super Duty Diesel King Ranch
2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBcamping View Post
We ordered our trailer (325RL) months ago. We have been told it's at the dealers and way before we asked for delivery. However, they are telling us that "there is no 2 burner cook top available only the Weber BBQ".
We specifically wanted the 2 burner cook top which we of course ordered at the time. I have replied to our dealer telling them that, and am waiting to hear back from them.
I have also placed a call into Columbus. I just called the number listed on the website and it seems it's someone's voicemail where I left a message. I couldn't hear whose voicemail it was, but I guess I will have to wait to hear back.

I was not aware that the 2 burner cook top was no longer an option - is this the case? If so, when did it change? So far we are unhappy about this and hope it can be rectified.

Anyone have a better contact phone number to reach whoever would be best to speak to at Columbus???
Pm ChristopherColumbus here on frf he'll get the answers you need.

Turbs

Old 02-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Unless they recently changed something, they all come with the 2 burner stove. There was no option to change that...

They should come with the Weber grill as a stand off, on it's own stand..

You should have both.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
Factory Rep

Columbus 325rl comes with 2 burner cooktop.

I will double check. But it will shock me if its the weber on a stand. Although I do like that
Chris
Old 02-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Good News! I think the dealer made a mistake. Just heard back from them and it does have the 2 burner stove. I am so relieved to hear this. I couldn't find anywhere saying that this was no longer an option. Whew! Thanks for all the replies!
Now going April 22 for our PDI and if all is OK, we'll be taking her home that day. Woo-Hoo!
2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
Old 02-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Columbus 325rl comes with 2 burner cooktop.

I will double check. But it will shock me if its the weber on a stand. Although I do like that
Chris
That is a pic right out of the Columbus brochure, so, unless you guys changed something, they had been spec'd to have both the stove and the grill on the stand.
(Tweaked!!)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
Now Camping Year-Round!!

I hope you are right about getting both, but I doubt it - going by our original sales person who we are no longer dealing with because that person no longer works at that dealership.

However, in our experience both going to shows and visiting the dealership, dealers in general do not seem to know much about the Columbus. I first heard about the Columbus line from doing tons of research online as I do with all my purchases of just about anything. When we went to the dealership to have a look at one in person, I knew WAY more about Columbus than the sales person, and for that I was flabbergasted. I found the same type of sales people at the RV shows we went to. To me it's mindboggling that they would not know all about them by the time they had one on their lot.
2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Thats the good part about owning an RV and then selling them.......I tend to look harder at the ones we are selling versus the other sales guys.

I knew pretty much everything about the Columbus before the first one hit our dealership. Once I could see one in person, I could make the decision to order one for myself!!
(Tweaked!!)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Ya same here. I knew just about everything about the Columbus when we went to look. It was frustrating when I was asking the sales person questions (more to verify what I had read online) but they didn't know the answer and I had to direct them to where they would find the info on the internet. I sure wouldn't run my dealership like that. Every sales person would HAVE to be knowledgeable about every line we sell if I were the Sales Manager. Oh well, I guess we just have to be knowledgeable customers and make sure we are getting what we ordered!

It's going to be a long two months now that we found out just today that ours is on our dealers lot. I guess they ordered it early, cause I had asked for delivery early to mid April. We have booked our PDI and pickup on April 22nd. We downloaded a copy of the PDI Checklist I found on another post on this forum so that we can use that the day we go. OMG, can't wait!!
2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Seeing I forgot to ask the factory rep when they returned my call confirming that the 325RL comes with the 2 burner cooktop - does this model ALSO come with the Webber Grill BBQ?

2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS