Old 04-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #11

We did the side walls, but not the back of the sliding doors. Didn't think about it but that's a good idea.
Thanks

2015 Nights Camped 72
2016 42
2017 15 so far
Fred and Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Christine View Post
We did the side walls, but not the back of the sliding doors. Didn't think about it but that's a good idea.
Thanks
In arm planning to work on mine soon. In planning, one post and the Reflrctix site suggest that the R factor increases when allowing for space between it and wall. If that is the case I would think it might be very effective on the back of the doors and wall, as well as the hot spots you have already hit...assuming you aren't opening the doors frequently.

From what I read Reflectix impact against the wall is R3. When space is allowed up to R21. Either way I plan to hit the areas you did and if possible the doors.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #13

Insulated the back of the doors fathers day weekend and it helps. Not as dramatic a difference as when we did the cap. Sorry no pic's. Next will be the bedroom floor/basement ceiling.
2015 Nights Camped 72
2016 42
2017 15 so far
Fred and Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Christine View Post
Insulated the back of the doors fathers day weekend and it helps. Not as dramatic a difference as when we did the cap. Sorry no pic's. Next will be the bedroom floor/basement ceiling.

Have you tried the Reflectix on the shower skylight? We did this on our fiver and class C, huge difference for both. We were able to slide it between the clear and frame, no tape required. Our clear part of the skylights is rounded so there is a natural gap to enhance and increase the R factor. We no longer close the doors to the bathroom on the fiver, to keep the heat out of the rest of the rig.

We have it in all windows when idle and leave it in many of those we don't use, all the time...used velcro. We only have about a 2 x 2 section left from a 2ft by 100 ft role.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:49 PM   #15

Fell in Love with my RS320 Again

Think reflect is is now on my shopping list and honey do list. We've been using those old style silver backed car window shades, cut to fit our windows. We slide them in between the night shades and the window. Works but I think the reflectix would do better.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
Think reflect is is now on my shopping list and honey do list. We've been using those old style silver backed car window shades, cut to fit our windows. We slide them in between the night shades and the window. Works but I think the reflectix would do better.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

There is a difference…and it makes a difference.