Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #1

Fiberglass Exterior

I am trying to buy a 2013 Puma 30kfb.
Why can u get fiberglass total exterior. It's only avail on the front.
Thanks!!!!
indycoltsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycoltsguy
I am trying to buy a 2013 Puma 30kfb.
Why can u get fiberglass total exterior. It's only avail on the front.
Thanks!!!!
I think the puma line s strictly aluminium siding.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
Missing Link

Yeah alum. only on the puma. But don't let that deter you. We picked up a puma 30kdb which is similar floor plan as what your looking at except bunks and outdoor kitchen in rear master in front this year and love it. Very good quality in material and build. My in laws liked it so much they traded in their fiberglass passport for a puma mainly because of floor plan and better quality but part of it was to get rid of the fiberglass side. It was 7 yrs old and was really chalky and starting to de laminate. But the line down side is they are quite a but heavier than others.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #4

My story is very similar to cyclepuck's. We bought our 30DBSS last October and my inlaws bought one in the Spring because they liked ours so much. The fiberglass may look sharp in the beginning, but it seems to me that you are paying a lot of extra money up front for what may turn into a headache later on.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #5

Have you checked out Sabre Silhouette Model 310TBOK
Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968

I think the floorplan is essentially the same and depending on the options you want and your market, there may not be that much $$ difference. Many features are std (like fiberglass ext) on the Sabre but optional on other palomino models.

Maybe be worth checking out. It definitely was in our case.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclepuck
Yeah alum. only on the puma. But don't let that deter you. We picked up a puma 30kdb which is similar floor plan as what your looking at except bunks and outdoor kitchen in rear master in front this year and love it. Very good quality in material and build. My in laws liked it so much they traded in their fiberglass passport for a puma mainly because of floor plan and better quality but part of it was to get rid of the fiberglass side. It was 7 yrs old and was really chalky and starting to de laminate. But the line down side is they are quite a but heavier than others.
Thanks!! U had any issues or items u wish u had on it??
indycoltsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Missing Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycoltsguy View Post
Thanks!! U had any issues or items u wish u had on it??
We got it back in april and have 32 days camped so far and no issues at all. The couple things I wish was different would be a taller faucet on outside sink but that is easy and cheap to do myself. And the outside microwave needs to be higher off of counter. Thought about eliminating cabinet above microwave but will wait till warranty is up. The in-laws got the 30rkss in june and no issues on their end either.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Oklahoma Proud

We have a 2013 puma 295kbh 5er and love it. Camped 16 nights since we recieved it in July. We have the fiberglass front .

Wish you could order a second a/c, but dealer can install it later if you need it. Only issues were incomplete caulk around tub and outside fridge vent and the lock cylinder fell out of the outside shower cover going down the road. Love the outside kitchen and we ordered the optional grille. Also order the extra vents (can make 2nd a/c install much quicker) and the day-night shades are nice. The basic queen matress is junk, I wish we would have payed the $125 for the serta- but we just grabbed one out of our guest room and swapped it.

I think you get a pretty good bang for your buck with Puma and we have been real happy with the quality thus far. Hope this helps some!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #9

I purchased a 2013 Puma KBh 5 th .. And love it .. Love the outdoor Kitchen .look into the puma premier package it's a real good deal.. Good bang for your buck .. I purchased out of state RV Wholesalers .. Saved thousands
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3578574543.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	23750  
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #10

We love out PUMA 30KDB, 2012, we used it probably 50 nights last year and only had a few minor issues, build quality is GREAT!!
I've seen higher end models with fit and finish not even close to our trailer!!being , I would buy another for sure!!
Pengellyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #11

We bought from RVWholesalers also and were very pleased with the support and customer service. Love the Puma- I've been in every nook and cranny and have added some things requiring access to unseen areas. I have been very happy with the construction.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #12

Agreed, the only real complaint was all the sawdust from assembly, I am still cleaning sawdust even after a year later, the only thing that I have actually replaced due to failure was the DVD player, although some of the access holes could have been made a bit neater....
But they are covered at least
We bought from CHEYENNE CAMPING CENTER Iowa, they were amazing!
Pengellyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
Commercial Member

There is also a newer option for cherry cabinetry in the Puma's now.

It makes the interiors even nicer. They also have gone to LED interior lights as standard.

Here is a link to a new 2013 Puma Unleashed with the cherry cabinets..
New 2013 Palomino Puma Unleashed 27-SBU Toy Hauler Travel Trailers at Tom Schaeffer's RV Superstore Shoemakersville Pennsylvania Tom Schaeffer's RV Superstore
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengellyb View Post
Agreed, the only real complaint was all the sawdust from assembly, I am still cleaning sawdust even after a year later, the only thing that I have actually replaced due to failure was the DVD player, although some of the access holes could have been made a bit neater....
But they are covered at least
We bought from CHEYENNE CAMPING CENTER Iowa, they were amazing!
Very true on the sawdust. I removed all of the panels, heat registers, light covers and anything else I could and vacuumed it all out. Did this after a few trips and I've just about gotten all of the sawdust up. I would think this would be an issue with most brands as I don't see any way to keep from getting sawdust all over the place when building an RV.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #15

We Love our Pumas.........

Our current one is a Puma Unleashed 2013 is a 356QLB had it since last May only been back for a problem with a remote to the stereo, that was easily fixed.

Glad it is NOT a fiberglass sided. Have seen too many turn chalky and delaminate.......... They are just a thin layer of fiberglass on plywood. Nice when they are new but can turn ugly fast...... I will keep my Alum. sided.......Puma ... Also dealer says much easier to repair the Alum. Sided trailers.

Our 06 Fifth wheel never went back for a repair while we owned it. Only sold it because we wanted a bigger fifth wheel............

Pumas are a great value !!!!!!!!! How many nice fifth wheel 35.5 ft Toyhaulers can you buy out the door for under 30K & have great quality....................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #16
Missing Link

Love our 2012 30kdb also. We had over 30 nights in ours and not one issue. I agree in this price range you won't find better quality.