Old 08-28-2016, 08:27 AM   #11

Thanks. That's concerning....While I was at the Wolf Pup dealer (another Forest River brand) last week, the salesman pointed out a brand x trailer that was there for service and pointed out delamination on the front of it. He said that exposure to strong sunlight and heat causes that.
He told me this sort of thing doesn't happen to the WP trailers because of a special construction used. Is it possible that Forest River uses and inferior design (compared to their WP brand) with the Palomini units?
The sunlight is very strong here because of our elevation, but the weather is also cooler. I do plan on keeping the unit outdoors -- but it will be under a cover.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgem View Post
Thanks. That's concerning....While I was at the Wolf Pup dealer (another Forest River brand) last week, the salesman pointed out a brand x trailer that was there for service and pointed out delamination on the front of it. He said that exposure to strong sunlight and heat causes that.
He told me this sort of thing doesn't happen to the WP trailers because of a special construction used. Is it possible that Forest River uses and inferior design (compared to their WP brand) with the Palomini units?
The sunlight is very strong here because of our elevation, but the weather is also cooler. I do plan on keeping the unit outdoors -- but it will be under a cover.

When we noticed the delamination, it was very slight and difficult to see unless standing at the right angle. We decided to get it taken care of right away while the TT was still under warranty. The explanation our dealer gave us for the cause really didn't make sense - that there was a problem with the installation of the LED lights. The new back came with traditional incandescent tail and running lights. Our TT is in the shade most of the day and we covered it in the off season. We have not noticed any other delamination- thank goodness!

Old 08-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #13
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Total BS!

Typical sales speak.

NEVER believe what a RV salesperson says.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:45 AM   #14

I've owned my 177BH almost a year. I still really like it. Things that I've had to do to it in the last year:

- Redo the plumbing. My water lines hung off the frame. $50 to tighten and tuck everything up and insulate. Much better now

- Add backsplash around the stove (can be seen in another thread) $100

- Re-glue some saggy trim on the inside $0

- Add a 12v plug on the entertainment center for my TV $10

- Warranty claim on the front corner trim, it was coming off. Turns out the adhesive tape covering wasn't pulled off on one side. Simple fix $0

- Add a mirror and towel rack to the bathroom $50

The quality isn't any worse than any other camper in this price range. I'm pretty happy still. It's been a good unit for the wife, dog, and me.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli911 View Post
I've owned my 177BH almost a year. I still really like it...
The quality isn't any worse than any other camper in this price range. I'm pretty happy still. It's been a good unit for the wife, dog, and me.
Thanks. That is exactly the kind of real-world experience I am looking for. The only "defect" I've found so far is that one of the faucet handles in the bathroom had the handle cross threaded on the nylon valve. They tightened the handle so tight it cracked the threaded part of handle The handle came off in my hand the first time I turned the water on Not sure if I want to make a claim or just fix it. I may just fix it myself -- since I've already winterized the trailer.

Thanks again.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Thanks. That is exactly the kind of real-world experience I am looking for. The only "defect" I've found so far is that one of the faucet handles in the bathroom had the handle cross threaded on the nylon valve. They tightened the handle so tight it cracked the threaded part of handle The handle came off in my hand the first time I turned the water on Not sure if I want to make a claim or just fix it. I may just fix it myself -- since I've already winterized the trailer.

Thanks again.
No problem!

I forgot to add that I also upgraded the shower head with a high efficiency oxygenics shower head. That also made all the difference.