Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #1

Florida campgrounds

We are planning to go to florida next Jan,feb and first 2 weeks of march, Any recommended camp grounds for our 26 ft puma TT ?? We would probably want full hookup types, Thanks Dave & Linda
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #2

Where in Fl are you going ?
2001 H-D Dyna
Honda 2000i
Champion gen 4000
buccello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #3

Our Secret Spot

We just spent a relaxing weekend at Bud's RV Park and Marina in Lake Wales, FL. Very quiet and laid back. They are on Tiger Lake and if you have a boat you can get a spot in the marina. They do have long term spots there. Good luck.

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #4

you can also go to www.reserveamerica.com and look up all the state and federal parks in florida - I have stayed at Kissimmee Praire Preserve State Park - very quiet park if you are looking for a place to relax and listen to nature cause there isnt much around for miles
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #5

We can help.....just need some info. on what part of FL.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #6

Lakeland Carefree RV Resort, Lakeland, FL is a very nice park and it caters to "snow birds". There are planned activities every day January 1 through March 31. Forty minutes from Disney World, 45 minutes from Tampa. Park is right off I-4 at exit 33. If interested in going there, get your reservations in early. We have a group of 10 couples that stay anywhere from four months to six weeks during this time. Want more info, PM me. We've been going there four years now and spend six-weeks at a time.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #7

A campground/resort in the lower 2/3 of florida is probably the starting area for us. Some things that would be nice, heated pool ,jacuzzi, Wi-Fi, Dancing, trees, flowers, NO aligators !!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #8

We mostly stay at state parks which rules out allot of your requests.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #9

Lakeland care free resort looks very nice, It seems to have everything we could want , How are the prices in Jan, Feb , Mar ??
Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #10

I had to laugh at the "No Alligators" comment - this is Florida and what is Florida famous for?
Alligators

If you do not want alligators then I suggest sticking to the Beach areas then and no lakes.

Sebastian Inlet State Park is suppose to be real nice
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:49 AM   #11

Some of the state parks are hard to score during your high season months. I love Bahia Honda and scored a week there at the end of August, begin of Sept. You have to be diligent about booking 11 months in advance. Sometimes you can get lucky and and grab a few weekdays at that time, but mostly the key Parks are booked solid. They are John Pennekamp, Long Key, Curry Hammock and Bahia Honda. They have dump stations, no full h/u. Anything near water will be harder to score.

I like the area around Lake Okeechoobee, especially the western side of the lake. There are quite a few RV parks around Palmdale, Fisheating Creek, Lake Placid and all along the Route 27 corridor. This is all south of Orlanda in what would be considered So Central FL. Yes, there are a lot of lakes. They have critters and the leave you alone. I wake to the sound of a gator croaking in his pond every morning. Most important rule is to never feed them. It's also citrus season and you can but fruit all over the place during those months. I bought a half box of Valecias last year for $3 and made 9 jars of orange marmalade. It's a quiet and peaceful region with friendly people and lots of resort style CGs. We get cold snaps every now and then. I went through #60 of propane to keep the camper slightly toasty during Jan and Feb. I've been doing chemo for months though and my thermostat has been way off. The northerns ran around in shorts and t-shirts while I've dragged a blanket with me everywhere. It's really nice now. Mostly warm and sunny and just before rainy season begins! Good luck making your plans. I know onw place that I pass that always looks busy called MT Resort in Palmdale.

2009 F150 Supercrew - 2007 Shamrock 23RS Hard Slide -buh bye!
2011 Outback 260FL
Cleo & Isis - Jack Russell Terrorists

Nights camped in 2010 - 54
Nights camped in 2011 - 93
sunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #12

Lakeland Carefree RV Resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
Lakeland care free resort looks very nice, It seems to have everything we could want , How are the prices in Jan, Feb , Mar ??
We've made our reservations for next year and the rate is $765/month plus electricity. A month is considered 30 days. If staying for less than a month, it is $228/week includes electricity (don't know the daily rate). This will be the third year we've paid this rate. Don't know what "newcomers" are charged, but you could give them a call and ask. I think you would enjoy staying here. The only downside is that it is next to the Interstate, so road/car/truck/motorcycle noise does get loud at times. Pool is heated, but it's not open unless outside temperature is above 65 degrees.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #13

Thanks to All of you that have given me some ideas about Florida campgrounds. Momma Tac.. I called carefree its $795 a month for me.. I sent them a resume to be considered for a work/kamper spot (nothing wrong with keeping busy... and keeping the rent down ) As far a gators go.. We have a 9lb Pomeranien who thinks hes 90lbs !!! but hes going to be on a leash so..we shall see how that goes..
Old 09-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #14

We live on the west coast of FL and enjoy the Sarasota/Bradenton area quite a bit. Lots of nice parks here too. Horseshoe Cove is off I-75 in Bradenton; lots of great amenities, nice winter programs (although we tend to camp there "off season") our favorite thing about this park is 1- location. Lots of things to go and do, beaches, museums, shopping, etc. 2- they are on the Braden River and the park is situated in such a way that there is a bridge to an island owned by the park. You can walk your dog, ride bikes over, etc. They have nice picnic shelter that's screened in as well as a gazebo with porch swings to sit and enjoy the water. Also, the manatees come visit in the winter months. Nice pool and rec hall as well.

Just thought I'd share it with you. Sun n Fun is very nice too but a bit more pricey. I think Horseshoe Cove is a Passport America Park too.

There are lots of parks along 41 around Apollo Beach south to Bradenton. As well as north of Tampa on the I-75 corridor ~ Blueberry Hill comes to mind, been there a few times, more parking lot than not but the sites are well appointed and the buildings, etc were nicely kept with lots to do. There's a room for playing cards,etc that was very nice and cozy.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #15

Outdoor Resort of America - Melbourne Beach

This is a five star resort with all the amnities you are looking for. All private sites, rentals available. Really is a five star resort, website:

Melbourne Beach Outdoor Resorts of America

We liked it so much we bought one. Barrier island, one side on ocean, one side Indian River/Intercoastal. Fishing pier (red fish spawning ground), three pools, sauna, whirlpool, two sets of tennis courts, workout facility, boat ramp, etc.

Send me a private message if interested, I can get you started.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote