Old 10-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
Originally Posted by markly86 View Post
They have cashed the check but I have never received any notification from FR that they either received the application or extended the warranty. Do they notify you?
Same here, check has cleared but have not received any confirmation

2013 Sabre 32bhok-6
2012 Ford F250 6.2
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #22
itch'n to road trip
My dealer didnt want me to know about it... but I did!! They wanted to sell me a warranty for $1800.!! Cash in their pockets!!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga. -
Nights camped Not Enough 2014: 8 2015: 2
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
What if you were not advised or made aware of the optional warranty? Is there a waiver of optional warranty i should of signed? I purchased in 3/2013 and obviously past the request period. I did not locate anything in my paper work, just the individual registration cards for other accessories.
2013 Salem 30KQBSS TT
Equalizer 4pt Hitch system-12K
2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 5.7 Hemi w/8 Speed
Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
I picked up my Columbus yesterday. During the paperwork I turned down the expensive warranty and she got peeved when I asked about the Forest River warranty and told me I'd have to contact the factory about it, she didn't know anything about it.....
rlreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #25
I was at the dealer today as I will be picking up my 340RK next Wednesday. When I asked my salesman about this warranty he said he didn't know anything about it. I asked him to find out. We will see what happens.

Rick & Jeana
2014 Columbus 340RK
1999 F250 Super Duty 7.3L
tofun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #26
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Ray, thanks. I got the images. However, this is the checklist and registration for the first-year warranty. It's not related to the optional 2nd-year warranty.
Barry, I didn't attempt to redact and copy my optional protection plan form because it was identical to the one already on file and mentioned in the other thread, except my first text paragraph read "This $150 optional protection plan..." instead of "This optional protection plan..."

The date lower left was before my trailer shipped, so I'm guessing the form was prepared at the factory matching the cost and some info to my order.

I copied and sent the other because I don't hear it discussed much as a key part of the FR purchase process between the customer and their dealer.

As I read about some others' experiences here, it leads me to appreciate my local dealer even more.

About response time, it took several weeks in February to receive a copy of a representaive-signed optional protection plan form back in the mail.
+ 2013 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
+ 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Z71
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #27
Well we picked up our Columbus 340RK and the dealer said they had no idea about this optional warranty. So..... I called FR and asked to speak with someone about it. After getting transferred around I finally ended up leaving a message. The next day I received a phone call and they emailed me out the form. Apparently they no longer take credit cards so you can't just do it over the phone. Mailed in the form and a check for $150. Now will just wait for it to be returned.
Rick & Jeana
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK
1999 F250 Super Duty 7.3L
tofun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #28
The form is here:

If you lose this, you can always find it in the second "Sticky" thread in the FRF "Dollars & Cents" forum area.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #29
When I picked up my Columbus 365RL the dealer wanted to sell me the extended warranty for $2600.00 for four additional years (5 years total).
When I told him I was going to purchase the extended warranty with Forest River he was not to happy! Oh well!
Sent the form and $150.00 check in the mail and I did receive a copy of the form signed and dated about 3 weeks later and the check went through the bank about 10 days after it was mailed. I can only think the dealers do not want the sales people to tell the customers anything about this as the dealer does not make anything from the Forest River warranty.
But knowing how the insurance industrie pays commisions you know the reason. (MO $$$$ for the dealership)
Cajun Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #30
I'm in the same boat as as others. My dealer never mentioned the Forest River warranty but after reading this forum I asked about it. They provided the form partially filled out for me and I finished the form and mailed it in with a check. I got back a copy of the form signed by FR. All is good.

Btw, the dealer did try to sell me an expensive extended warranty.

Gotta love this forum!

WestTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river, warranty