Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
Retired

Fresh water tank overflow ?

I been looking for the overflow outlet for the FW tank on our 2017 Columbus 340RK. I’ve located the LP drain for the FW tank but no “hose” with an open end. Another 2017 Columbus 340R in the park has no over flow hose that we can find but the 2013Columbus 340RK beside us an overflow hose next to the LP drain.
In the outside Utility locker there is a tank vent hopefully this doesn’t double as the overflow.
Any thoughts as to where the FW tank overflow might be located?
TIA
Happy Trails
Old 02-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #2

Actually, the ones coming out the bottom are the tank vents but does indicate when tank is full. It is a misnomer to call it the overflow indicator.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:35 PM   #3
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Actually, the ones coming out the bottom are the tank vents but does indicate when tank is full. It is a misnomer to call it the overflow indicator.
The four coming out the bottom: 2 are LP drains, 1 Refrigerator drain and the 4th is the fresh water tank drain. They all have petcocks therefore they are intended to drain the water lines and fresh water tank not as an overflow for the freshwater tank when you are filling the tank. All am looking for is the location of the pipe, vent tube what every one calls it that lets water escapes when the fresh water tank being filled is full.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
Retired

I found the answer to the above question. Our dealer Orchard Trailers in Whately, MA call Columbus and they now run the FW tank overflow system through the tank vent located in the outside utility locker just above the 110v outlet box...another FR logic free solution?
But I found it[emoji15]
Old 02-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #5

Your fresh water tank does not have a LOW POINT DRAIN. Low point drains are for the piping system. There are two. One for cold water and one for hot water. I'm told some MH have the 2 low point drains tied together when the WH is winterized with only one outlet but I don't understand how that works.
Your water tank will have 2 hoses. A drain for the tank with a valve on it and an overflow/vent hose with no valve.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:38 PM   #6

my unit has two. one on each side of the tank. Fill your fresh tank until you see the water coming out and your question is answered.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #7
Just as confused as you

Your refrigerator drain should not have a petcock on it.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:51 PM   #8
Retired

Fresh water tank overflow ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Your fresh water tank does not have a LOW POINT DRAIN. Low point drains are for the piping system. There are two. One for cold water and one for hot water. I'm told some MH have the 2 low point drains tied together when the WH is winterized with only one outlet but I don't understand how that works.

Your water tank will have 2 hoses. A drain for the tank with a valve on it and an overflow/vent hose with no valve.

This is what’s under our Columbus 340RK w/residential refrigerator w/ ice maker.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0863.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	196753
H&C water LP drain
ice maker LP drain
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0952.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	196759
FW tank LP drain
According to Columbus that’s what they are for.
The overflow for the FW tank is now through the Tank Vent located in the Utility Cabinet
Old 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyUS View Post
This is what’s under our Columbus 340RK w/residential refrigerator w/ ice maker.
Attachment 196753
H&C water LP drain
ice maker LP drain
Attachment 196759
FW tank LP drain
According to Columbus that’s what they are for.
The overflow for the FW tank is now through the Tank Vent located in the Utility Cabinet
Everything is NOT called a Low Point drain. Just the 2 piping drains are called Low Point drains. Your gonna confuse the newbies.

FYI. LP stands for Liquid Petroleum. Let's all use the correct language so we can all stay on the same page.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #10

Quote:
This post was in reference to the OP's original post where he mentioned the overflows coming out the bottom of units. I don't know what happened but it appears the original post has been altered. Hope the OP got his issue? sorted out.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #11

Quote:
This post was in reference to the OP's original post where he mentioned the overflows coming out the bottom of units. I don't know what happened but it appears the original post has been altered. Hope the OP got his issue? sorted out.
Read post #4 he found the answer from the dealer.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Read post #4 he found the answer from the dealer.
I know that. I was just trying to clarify my post because it sounds ridiculous as a first input post. The dealer also verified that the overflow is the tank vent, wherever it might be as I tried to explain to the OP. I'm done.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:12 PM   #13

Dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Everything is NOT called a Low Point drain. Just the 2 piping drains are called Low Point drains. Your gonna confuse the newbies.

FYI. LP stands for Liquid Petroleum. Let's all use the correct language so we can all stay on the same page.
Actually Liquified Petroleum. Unless, of course, you're talking about 12" 33 rpm phonograph discs.

Cavie, folks raised on cellphones will abbreviate everything.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #14
Retired

Hey boys I got it...LP stands for Liquid Petroleum & low point drains are just that not LP drains...got it...as a newly (first year with Columbus) I sure don’t want to confused anyone.
Thanks for the point.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyUS View Post
Hey boys I got it...LP stands for Liquid Petroleum & low point drains are just that not LP drains...got it...as a newly (first year with Columbus) I sure don’t want to confused anyone.
Thanks for the point.
and when you see someone put "DH" it's not......Richard Cranium...to put it politely, it's Darling Husband. :
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank