Old 06-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #31
Originally Posted by JoeNanMinn View Post
well, I finally found the time to dig more into my freshwater tank filling problems. I had to take the underbelly covering loose and follow the freshwater fill line and the vent line back to my water tank. I was quite surprised and frustrated at what I found. First I noticed that the water fill line was run up and over some of the frame braces and then under the next one, creating a roller coaster effect for that line with low spots and high spots. I also found several screws in the frame mounted from the outside with the screw tips actually rubbing against the water fill line. I put protective covers over the tip ends to fix that. I disconnected the fill line and was able to re install it so it runs now over the top of each cross member creating a straight line run.

The biggest problem was that the vent line was totally kinked and even twisted in like a screw pattern. The vent line fitting at the top of the tank was turned down and loose and the hose was forced to run underneath the bigger fill line. The hose at the bottom of the tank that supplies water to the water pump was also kinked and twisted and the connection was loose there too.

With all of these issues fixed I can now fill my freshwater tank with the garden hose wide open. What used to take over an hour now takes about 15 minutes.

I spent alot of time dealing with this on my own. Can't imagine how long it would have taken the dealer to figure this out and fix it.

How could anyone pass this installation at the factory? Unbelievable.

The hose piece on the left of the picture is the vent hose. The one on the right is the line out back to the water pump. Hope sending this pic works. I have never sent a pic before with this.

That is one very sad situation right there....

Upside is YOU fixed it and IMO you would get little if any response from the factory.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #32
I'm going to give a copy to the service mgr so he has something think about the next time this occurs to another customer. I took our 2015 sabre

mikezjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #33
I took the advice from another reply and bought a super cheap ($9) hose at Dollar Bargain that has a small O.D. compared to a garden use hose, cut it about 4' long and attach that to my Camco filter. I shove the hose down the fill opening a couple feet and turn the water on full blast. All the venting air comes out around the hose and I fill 60+ gallons in about 12 Minutes. I've been fixing little issues myself cause I know a visit to the service dept will be fruitless.

Ijusttow is offline   Reply With Quote

tank, water, water tank