Old 10-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Front Storage Key

When we got our 320RS we received two keys to lock the door and two keys for storage locks.

The storage keys work great for the left and right side storage, but the "front" storage (under the 5th wheel hitch) uses a different key.

My dealer has been unable to get me a key that will lock it and Forest River/Palomino has sent me TWO different keys (separate times) and neither of them work.

They first sent a double-edge key, but it appears the front storage latch takes a single-edge.

So, they sent a single-edge key, but it doesn't work either.

To my fellow Columbus 320RS owners - do you have a key that will lock that front storage? If so - what is the key number that is stamped on the key.

For security reasons if you'd prefer to send me your key code via private message here in the Forums that's fine...I'm just anxious to find out what key works so I can secure my property in that front storage bin.

Thanks!

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
When we got our 320RS we received two keys to lock the door and two keys for storage locks.

The storage keys work great for the left and right side storage, but the "front" storage (under the 5th wheel hitch) uses a different key.

My dealer has been unable to get me a key that will lock it and Forest River/Palomino has sent me TWO different keys (separate times) and neither of them work.

They first sent a double-edge key, but it appears the front storage latch takes a single-edge.

To my fellow Columbus 320RS owners - do you have a key that will lock that front storage? If so - what is the key number that is stamped on the key.

For security reasons if you'd prefer to send me your key code via private message here in the Forums that's fine...I'm just anxious to find out what key works so I can secure my property in that front storage bin.

Thanks!
I have a CC Silverback FW and the key code for my front storage locker is CH751 and it is just about the same as having no lock or key at all.

I had our dealer in Cleburne change ours out after it came apart. The new one isn't much better.

There are posts about these locks and the infamous CH751 key.

Hope this helps.
o

Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

When I first got my palomino sabre the front lock didn't work either btw in fact the inside lever wasn't adjusted right and wouldn't allow the tumbler to turn.

I think you'll find you have the right key but either a bad lock cylinder or the locking lever is not on correct.

Ch751 should be stamped on the outer case.

Turbs
Old 10-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
"On the road again"

No - CH751 doesn't work. We had those left over from our Sandpiper. And the key that fits the front door and the side storage is definitely a two-sided key. The one for the front (it's a different design of slam-latch completely) obviously is a single-sided key like the CH751. But...CH751 won't work and the TriMark TM-242 (single sided that the Forest River guy sent) won't even fit into the lock.

The side storage doors don't use CH751 - they use a TriMark double-edged key.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Old 10-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #5

Sent a PM with the code on ours. The square one opens all compartments below and the round only the door. I sent you a PM with the code we have on ours. Jeane
Old 10-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #6

See photo below
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #7

Something weird going on here - shows my post and photo but then it says my post is too short so here I will try again. Sent you a PM with code, square goes to all of our compartments below, round to door. Jeane
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV keys.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	20555  
Old 10-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #8

Where can you locate a store that has the proper blanks for the front locker storeage key?

I am interested in making a spare key b/c we lost our extra key on our last trip... tried local locksmiths, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes & Camping World... the problem is they do not have the blanks to fit.
FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
Something weird going on here - shows my post and photo but then it says my post is too short so here I will try again. Sent you a PM with code, square goes to all of our compartments below, round to door. Jeane
Got your private message - that is so strange because those keys look just like ours...except for us the SQUARE one fits the front door - and the round fits the storage underneath (sides only).

I wish someone at Forest River would at least tell me the key number and I could buy my own somewhere I'm sure.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Old 10-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomTracker View Post
Where can you locate a store that has the proper blanks for the front locker storeage key?

I am interested in making a spare key b/c we lost our extra key on our last trip... tried local locksmiths, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes & Camping World... the problem is they do not have the blanks to fit.
I ordered some extra front-door keys from RVLocksAndMore | RV Locks | RV Keys | Fastec FIC Locks and Keys and all I had to do was give them the key code and the make (TriMark, FIC, etc.). I even got a couple with a built-in LED light so it makes it easy to unlock in the dark.

Good, fast, reputable service - I'll certainly do business with them again (especially if I can find the key code for my front storage).

Robert & Estha Shiflet