Old 03-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #11
Here is a link to another thread on this same topic, that I participated in.
Forest River Customer Service - Page 3 - Forest River Forums

jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #12
Our friends are trying to trade & buy a new camper from camping world, When they came back to do the deal & pick up their new trailer the manager tried to give them the new camper that they had already refused as it was leaking. Another was in the field but they were told it was not their new one but it did have their name on it. The manager kept making fabrications & they would have walked away with their old trailer except, it now was severely damaged now by CW. CW hit the rear corner of their old trailer opening it up. CW has gone to pure heck..... I hear nothing but horror stories.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #13
itch'n to road trip
Personally I think MOST dealers suck! We purchased our rv from the same dealer as SKnight.

Our dealer also tore our steps off and had our unit 16 weeks the first year we had it. I would call FR to see if the story of "waiting for parts" as true and of course FR had never heard from them.

It sucks that FR does not do a better job of pre-delivery inspection before its delivered to the customer. Additionally, the dealers do not care what happens after you sign the papers.

You can "fill in the blank" with the name of just about any dealership. They are a pain in the ---- to deal with!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga. -
Nights camped Not Enough 2014: 8 2015: 2
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:02 PM   #14
Ahhh camping world where do I start with this big conglomerate who's main goal is money money money . My friend bought a new cedar creek 5 wheel in feb when I got mine ( not from camping world ) it's still their after their pdi still waiting on parts. My wife and I went in to get a few things for our new camper figuring that they were cheaper then out dealer plus only 10 miles from us but that was not the case first if your not a good Sam member it's more and second just to use an item we purchased two director type folding chairs with side tables attached for 33.98 per at our dealer where cpw pries was 40-46 per chair depending on membership or non good luck and safe travels

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #15
I do know who the repair shop is that Camping World uses and their lot is secure. I plan on delivering it myself to the shop once the details are worked out and I have a firm appointment.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2014 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:24 PM   #16
The idiots they hire at some RV places at min wage do more harm than good.

If you do find an RV shop with a good crew. Treat them like royalty as they are worth their weight in gold.

This is so true. Some are even crooks charging for things they haven't even repaired. We are dealing with or third rv and third dealer. This dealer is fairly new in Jax Fl. The General manager seems sharp and strikes me as very honest. The service seems to be a bunch of bumblers. They put in a slider as part of the deal and the guy spent about 5 hours and the rails were already installed for hitch that was in the truck. So we spent all day picking up our new Wildcat and didn't take it home until the next day as the weather sucked and didn't want to fight backing it thru gate in the dark. We took it back up last week to have awnings over slides installed and a couple items fixed. We will see how it goes.
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #17
I like doing the same as deartruc , I get CW's ads and purchase from
And where Old car is referring to might have been a different dealership two years ago, I did like the people. Our sabre 32-rats-6 is second 5er from them. Big warranty work was hard to get done, otherwise a great family business. Too bad they sold out. Won't go back.
buddy300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:39 AM   #18
If anyone is in PA CNeer RV is great because it is family owned and not a retail chain or a bunch of nitwits working for someone, Chuck has his whole family working there Great People.
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #19
warranty work

here in central Texas, we have a great RV repair place, its in Hearne Tx, its called Texas Star RV, if any of you are in our area, call them. 979-279-2300
dbld6210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #20
Same story

I ( yup I, I bought the rig, he has the truck) purchased our Silverback 5th wheel in the fall.We made arrangements for our walk thru a couple days before our first trip out in the Spring. As we were walking around the outside, refreshing ourselves to the amenities, the Service Man says " Now I believe you were called about this." as he points to the split in the seam that used join the passenger side to the back. To which I replied, "NO". "Well now, we've taped it up. You just bring it. YIKES!
Spring has sprung! and we were not happy... No happier when it came back with scratches down the other side. As I pondered what the Sam Hill had happen. I remembered their building is split face block. Yup, same yard jockey...he got both sides.This is the 29RE, the smaller of the Silverbacks. I was supposed to get some satisfaction in that they fired him. Didn't happen. The season is short in the Northeast and this is costing us BEACH time.
The only consideration I got was I demanded they they deliver it this time as my husband AKA "the driver" was out of town and I wanted to get it stocked. They had the nerve to tell me they didn't do that. That was the day you all felt a slight shift of the Earth on its axis.Beach Lady was tired of being a lady ... more fun to be a B T H!

BeachLady is offline   Reply With Quote

dealer, warranty