Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #21

Obviously, finding a good dealer is difficult.
I have a friend who insists that getting work done under warranty is Forest River's ultimate responsibility, as they are the ones who provide the warranty to begin with. The dealers are like a subcontractor in this regard.

Although, as I mentioned previously, I have found some success with Coachmen Customer Service going to bat for me with warranty work by intervening on my behalf (as a sort of favor), perhaps it is actually their legal responsibility, in which case we are all fighting the wrong battle.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #22
Site Team

Howdy jeffrap, once you start talking lawyers/litigation, then the site team usually has to shut the thread down or remove the post, as it goes against our site guidelines pertaining to dealer/customer disputes.

I edited your post to stay within the guidelines

This thread may help explain it better.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...own-65127.html

Now back to your regularly scheduled program

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #23

I started this post and have not really updated as I do not have my trailer back yet. I plan on posting again once I have the trailer and can give everyone the final outcome. I can tell you at this time that Camping World will never have me cross their threshold again. I will either buy on line from Amazon/E-Trailer/or some other source. I am talking to another dealer who sells Forest River about my service needs in the future. They did some work on my previous trailer and I was thrilled with their work and their response. This does not exist with Camping World. When my Good Sam membership expires--I am done with that as well. Anything associated with Camping World will not get another cent from this source.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #24

That's right old car. you don't have to work with someone that dose not work with you. But finding a good repair shop is hard hard hard.
I'm dealing with one right now that told me to pick up my rv while they wait for approval from FR. I went there and found they were miss diagnosing the problem and was getting approval for the wrong reason. I ended up opening an area in the cargo hole to show them that a wire was broken off a slide motor. they were going to pull the slide and replace the whole operation unit.
I would pull it from there lot but the next closes dealer is 3 hours away. either way this dealer will never see my unit after this repair.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:42 AM   #25

Update to my dealing with Camping World--I have my trailer back and the work completed on the nose repair looks fantastic. Please note--this work was performed at a specialty body shop--not Camping World. They got to foot the bill for the repair but they did not do any of the work. I am still missing one decal for the nose and supposedly Camping World is sending someone from the shop to install this at my home. It is about a 120 mile round trip to take in the trailer so they are coming to me once they get the decal. Funny thing is--they should have had the decal last week from what the factory tells me. I will be contacting them later today to make arrangements since the trailer will be sitting for 10 days before the next trip out.

What further added to my frustration in this entire ordeal was the General Manager from CW called me while I was on my way to the body shop to pick up the trailer. I had left CW a set of keys to my unit when I dropped it off at the repair shop. I asked the guy if my keys were at the shop so I could just pick up my unit and go. He assured me they keys were there--just inspect the work and go if I was happy.

I get to the shop and they have no idea about any keys. All their work was from the outside and didn't need in the trailer. I go up to CW and ask for the GM who called me. He is no where to be found. 45 minutes later they find my keys and I can finally go back to the repair shop and get my trailer.

One more dealing with CW; the decal; and I am finished. The lack of communication and coordination throughout this whole event have been unbelievable. I've learned my lesson and it's time to move on.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 04-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #26

Camping World sent a service tech to my home this afternoon and the decal has been installed. The entire forklift incident has been resolved. A very special thank you goes to Gary Grigsby at Sabre for standing behind the warranty issues that my trailer originally went in for and for making sure Camping World got the parts in a timely manner to do the repairs. Not just the warranty items but the decal and other items needed from the actually forklift damage. Gary was accessible, professional and has the interest of the Sabre customer in mind at all times. I can't say enough good things about him and am most appreciative for his help.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 04-28-2015, 09:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Personally I think MOST dealers suck.

It sucks that FR does not do a better job of pre-delivery inspection before its delivered to the customer. Additionally, the dealers do not care what happens after you sign the papers.

You can "fill in the blank" with the name of just about any dealership. They are a pain in the ---- to deal with!
I agree even though we have been to only one dealer because we wanted one local...for service. That seems far fetched now.

We just picked ours up, but our salesman had little to do with us after signing. I called said salesman and then the service department and didn't receive a call back from either.
When I showed up, the tech in the lot knew nothing of us coming in, didn't have the unit ready to pick up, the battery was dead, and then the salesman, who knew we were there, didn't even come out to see us.

Pretty disappointed that that is my nearest service dept. and wondering what I have to look forward to for potential service issues.
2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel
Bowhnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
Camping World sent a service tech to my home this afternoon and the decal has been installed. The entire forklift incident has been resolved. A very special thank you goes to Gary Grigsby at Sabre for standing behind the warranty issues that my trailer originally went in for and for making sure Camping World got the parts in a timely manner to do the repairs. Not just the warranty items but the decal and other items needed from the actually forklift damage. Gary was accessible, professional and has the interest of the Sabre customer in mind at all times. I can't say enough good things about him and am most appreciative for his help.
I agree about gary ! Top notch!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #29
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I agree about gary ! Top notch!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"

Another agreement here! He took care of me in South Carolina and Florida when I had issues over the winter.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhnter View Post
I agree even though we have been to only one dealer because we wanted one local...for service. That seems far fetched now.

We just picked ours up, but our salesman had little to do with us after signing. I called said salesman and then the service department and didn't receive a call back from either.
When I showed up, the tech in the lot knew nothing of us coming in, didn't have the unit ready to pick up, the battery was dead, and then the salesman, who knew we were there, didn't even come out to see us.

Pretty disappointed that that is my nearest service dept. and wondering what I have to look forward to for potential service issues.
Yep. Welcome to the world of RV service.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:37 PM   #31

At least no damage

They are all the same! We just picked up our Wildcat that we bought March 6. The day we went to sign paperwork and go thru pdi and change our fixed hitch for a slider was all day deal. Come 5 pm they still didn't have the 5er ready. The weather sucked and traffic in Jax Fl sucks. I told them I would be back in AM to pick it up and still there half a day before they had it ready. That should have given me a clue. We had it at the house loading everything in it and made a list of other problems we didn't catch during pdi. So we took it up to have awnings installed over slides and ask them to do all repairs on the list and we would pick it up when everything was repaired. Well 4 weeks and still not complete so went and got it today as we are going camping next week and will have to take it back when parts come in. I guess they ship these parts to China to put them on a slow boat back. I am thankful that it wasn't damaged at least. I talked to the owner and told him at this point I could not recommend them to anybody and he had a few problems that needed to be addressed to earn my recommendation. So we will see if they improve. I doubt they will.
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, warranty