Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #1

Furnace not igniting

I own a 2006 Puma 28bhs (new to me)
I have tried to folow the instructions with the Suburban Furnace but as yet I have been unsuccessful. Fan kicks in and everything seems to work properly but it doesn't start. I tried it with a burner on the stove lit and you could see the flame get a lot smaller as the propane was directed to the furnace but again, no ignition...couldn't really hear any ignition attempt.
my concerns are this...
1) Should there be this big a reduction on the flame on the stove or do I have an issue with my regulator

2) The igniter on my stove doesn't work...is there a shared ignition source? Doen't make sense to me that it would. However it could be that both igniters are fouled.

3) How big a project is this to have a service and cleaning done on this unit. There is no furnace access from outside the trailer and I believe the igniter is at the back of this unit.

In any event it sounds like this is a dealer service issue.

Any suggestions?

Brent
Saskatchewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskatchewan View Post
I own a 2006 Puma 28bhs (new to me)
I have tried to folow the instructions with the Suburban Furnace but as yet I have been unsuccessful. Fan kicks in and everything seems to work properly but it doesn't start. I tried it with a burner on the stove lit and you could see the flame get a lot smaller as the propane was directed to the furnace but again, no ignition...couldn't really hear any ignition attempt.
my concerns are this...
1) Should there be this big a reduction on the flame on the stove or do I have an issue with my regulator

2) The igniter on my stove doesn't work...is there a shared ignition source? Doen't make sense to me that it would. However it could be that both igniters are fouled.

3) How big a project is this to have a service and cleaning done on this unit. There is no furnace access from outside the trailer and I believe the igniter is at the back of this unit.

In any event it sounds like this is a dealer service issue.

Any suggestions?

Brent
1) You should not have a reduction in flame. You could be low on propane or it's the regulator.
2) the stove igniter is on it's own and your oven has a pilot light, they are garbage and always go's out
3) The furnace igniter should be in the front by were your ducts hook in. they have to have access to the unit somewhere, look around the return area...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
Commercial Member

You need to have a consistent flow of LP to the furnace, and a good strog battery, since the circuit board and fan works oof of 12 volt.

If you are low on LP, the pressure won't be there to let the valve open for the furnace. Try filling the tanks, and then purge with all the burners on the stove.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28bhs, furnace, puma, suburban