Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #1

Genesis gt-2.0 radio

We've had our 232 hybred about 3 years. We had lots of trouble with the radio the first year. I think they replaced it 2-3 times. It would not come on even though the on/off button was lite up. Last year we had no problems, but now this year it's doing the same thing. it will not come on. does anyone have any suggestions. Fix? Replace?
dino1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #2

I would try and fix, the new replacements are 499.00 that's alot of fixing. pull it and send to a repair place a lot cheaper. Call Crutchfield and see if they can do it. I have not been that impressed with the replacement model. Just fits the whole.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:54 AM   #3
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Actually, the iRV33 is $399.
The iRV66 is $499.

:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I would try and fix, the new replacements are 499.00 that's alot of fixing. pull it and send to a repair place a lot cheaper. Call Crutchfield and see if they can do it. I have not been that impressed with the replacement model. Just fits the whole.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:34 AM   #4

It the IRV 66 plug and play with the Genesis 3.0? Or does it require all new wiring? What are the advantages of one over the other? I have the 3.0 and after 1 weekend with it here are the things I still have not figured out.

1 the bass sucks and has no real output. Seems like woofer is too far away from listening TV area

2 the iPod plugged into the sub port does not work.

3 the Bluetooth connection sea fickle. Sometimes works sometimes does not. iPod wouldn't connect but phone would but if you disconnect and come back you need to tell phone to forget the genesis and restart connection to get to work again.

Michael
Old 05-21-2015, 09:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSLou View Post
It the IRV 66 plug and play with the Genesis 3.0? Or does it require all new wiring? What are the advantages of one over the other? I have the 3.0 and after 1 weekend with it here are the things I still have not figured out.

1 the bass sucks and has no real output. Seems like woofer is too far away from listening TV area

2 the iPod plugged into the sub port does not work.

3 the Bluetooth connection sea fickle. Sometimes works sometimes does not. iPod wouldn't connect but phone would but if you disconnect and come back you need to tell phone to forget the genesis and restart connection to get to work again.

Michael
I have the same unit, The subwoofer really puts out nothing measureable. they have mine installed under the entertainment center and I was suppose to hear through the fireplace. I cut 2 - 6x10 holes in the sides and put grills over them still no good. Can't help on the ipod being I do not have one, but my phone bluetooth works well, and I have a throw away phone. Do you have the 4" speakers outside? I put in 6" which helps to keep the vol. pretty much the same in A,B&C. Instead of blasting you out inside to even here anything outside at all. My SD reader still will not work it first showed Black and white pictures and now it will not show anything. They do have a plug and play plug that you can buy so you don't have to change the wiring. That's on top of the $499.00 that I think your unit would take. Sometime's Bob Fields jumps in and might beable to help you. I have decided along with FR it is a lost cause out of warranty even through it has had this problem from day one. I'm done fighting it, life is to SHORT.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio