Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Good Sam rally

Wife and I are heading to the Good Sam rally in Louisville, KY this weekend. Looking for a new camper. Hope there is a Sabre rep there and some of the floor plans our local dealer does not have in stock. We like what we have seen but need to check out more styles and layouts.

Has anyone ever been to one of these rallys? Is the Expo center set up like a camping show?

We have never been to Louisville, but hope the weather's good and the campers are plentiful.

msd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Have fun!!! What floor plan are you hoping to see?

2013 Palomino Sabre 34TBOK
Pulled with '99 2500 Silverado Ext-Cab
LGreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
IT Guru
Send a message via AIM to jsilvius Send a message via Skype™ to jsilvius
I've never been, but I hope you'll let us know about it when you return. I'd like to attend one of these rallies at some point.

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
1 - DH (me); 1 - DW (Tee); 1 - DS (Jarod, 12)
Nights Camping: 2010 - 15; 2011 - 7; 2012 - 9
jsilvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
The 32RCTS. We like the 34RLQS, but I would like to keep the length at 36' max if possible. We have a 35' now and I like the length for maneuvering. 38' is not alot longer but there are fewer options for campsites in that range.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
Well, we went to the Good Sam Rally this past Saturday. We only went to the camper show part of it. Alot of space and alot of campers. Unfortunately most were motorcoaches. In all ther were probably less than 20 fifth wheels. A couple of floor plans that we liked a few top of the line fifth wheels that we didn't even go in (not buying a new truck to pull them). Lots of venders with camper goodies and parts. Camping World is a sponser of this event so they had a large presence there. One observation is that there weren't any competing venders. Mor-Ryd was there but 5th Airborne and others were not, as an example.

One plus for some people is there are alot of seminars. Everything from cooking and cleaning to changing the layout of the camper.

If you get the full package it includes concerts and extras that we didn't get.

As a camper show it wasn't what we were hoping for. If you are in the market for a Motorcoach, it's a great show.

Oh well, just have to travel from dealer to dealer to find our camper.

Hope this helps any one interested in going to a Good Sam Rally.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
Here to Help
Dear customer
I would be more than glad to help you find a certain floorplan in dealer inventory. Just post what you are looking for and in what part of the country under the "ask the Sabre Rep thread".
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
My wife and I drove down from Indianapolis hoping to tour 5th wheels. Man, were we disappointed. Like MSD said lots of coaches, really lacking on anything that needed pulling. I did however find a good show deal on Hellwig suspension products. I will have a nice rear swaybar on order next week.

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Crewcab
Jeep Commander - sold
Flagstaff V-Lite WRB26
kz08h5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #8
We attended the Rally in March in Phoenix. We saw quite a few 5th wheels and a limited number of bumper-pulls there. Most of the rigs were motor coaches, however. We enjoy attending the seminars and always learn more about taking care of our rig, good ideas for improving it, and meet super people (I think I go to meet the people.) This was our second Rally.
Our first rally we bought things like surge protector for the rig, tire monitors, and some minor things to make life in an rv more rewarding. I think the earlier post about less competition may be correct...either competition figures the exposure is not worthwhile in the Camping World camp or else they are not allowed/invited...not sure.
Still the entertainment is always excellent and I always learn something very worthwhile (gem of the 2012 Rally was Solar Panels and dry camping). And the people...we always stay off-site, so we don't meet as many as others, but still very nice.

ritzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote