Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #1

Gray Tank Leaking

so my front gray tank leaks on my 2015 Sabre 36QBOK-7. It only leaks when the tank is really full. I normally leave the gray tank open unless I'm going to be dumping my black tank and then I will shut off the gray tank to collect water to run through my sewer hoses after I'm done dumping the black tank. It doesn't leak when I leave the valve open.

My dealer is trying to tell me there is an expansion joint in the top of the tank that will leak if the tank gets real full. He says its some kind of safety feature to keep from running water in the floor from the shower. I told them that the tank has been full enough that water has been standing in the shower when I was finished with my shower. My dad's, Cousin, neighbor and another friend all have campers of different models and there tanks don't do this.

So my question to you all. Have you ever been under the underbelly and seen the gray tanks and do they have this valve. None of my other campers have been this way. I've had the tub in my last camper standing with water after giving my kids a bath and when I tried to drain the tub the gray tank was full and it wouldn't drain and I had no leaks.

Please let me know if any of you have had this problem. I sent an email to Gary Grisby but haven't gotten a response from him. I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I really feel like there is an issue with the tank and the dealer is giving me the run around.

I'm going to try and upload a video of how much water leaks out when it leaks.
Attached Files
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:08 PM   #2

Or Sabre did as you say, grey tank full + shower = tub full of water. No leaks. Think they're full of it
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Or Sabre did as you say, grey tank full + shower = tub full of water. No leaks. Think they're full of it

X2
Old 05-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Your dealer is blowing smoke! He knows not of what he speaks.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #5

I emailed Gary Grigsby. I hope he will email me back. If not I will give him a call on Monday.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #6

From what I can tell from google searching and reading all morning is they use some sort of rubber connection and this is what's leaking. It's not a valve it's a connector.

2015 Sabre 36QBOK-7
2007 F-350 Diesel FX-4
China Grove,NC
Old 05-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #7

I spoke to the factory today and my dealer was wrong. I explained that I argued with the dealer for quite some time on Friday and had no luck so the factory guy (Gary) agreed to call and explain that its a sealed system and shouldn't leak.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #8

Good deal. Gary has always impressed me. He's a big part of the reason I'm replacing my wrecked Sabre with another one just like it (except I special ordered this one with the "no-fall-over" option
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:09 AM   #9

Yes, the kitchen gray tank in our 2013 CKTS leaked as well and had to be done! We had no problems getting it looked after though. Gary at Sabre is wonderful to deal with!
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #10

My 320RS is in for repair. While camping about 3 weeks ago, about 9:00 pm, my wife was rinsing dishes and we heard this loud thump. I went to check, but didn't find anything. Next morning, I looked under the rug and saw some small leakage and a buldge in the underbelly. I figured the tank must have fallen off the cradle/support. The dealer just got to it and reports that the Taj is CRACKED all the way tithe top of the tank??? My warranty stopped in April of last year. The repair facility is hesitant to submit a claim to Forest River. I'm getting a lawyer. This is the 15th trip into repair and my rug is a 2013.
rvjoea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:21 AM   #11

We had the same problem on our 33RETS. Ours is at the shop right now getting a new grey tank installed. The wonderful tech at RVWholesalers put some butyl tape on it and said he fixed it. Not so much. He also closed up our underbelly with nothing but duct tape and said he'd never had any fall off. Not so much. So, after driving it all the way up to Alaska with a leaking grey tank, we are finally getting it fixed now that spring is here.

By the way, the techs here had a good laugh at the guy from RVW who was incompetent. At least I'll have a new tank and the underbelly will be sealed properly.

Glad you're getting it taken care of.

Josh

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
N737FP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #12

Did FR cover it with warranty? I was told that my warranty was out . It's a 2013 I bought in 2012, and had one year of warranty. My tanked just "CRACKED" from bottom to top. Not covered????
rvjoea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates55 View Post
I spoke to the factory today and my dealer was wrong. I explained that I argued with the dealer for quite some time on Friday and had no luck so the factory guy (Gary) agreed to call and explain that its a sealed system and shouldn't leak.
I missed this post before. Good news and Gary has always treated me very well.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #14

yes but my camper is a 2015 model and was under the original warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjoea View Post
Did FR cover it with warranty? I was told that my warranty was out . It's a 2013 I bought in 2012, and had one year of warranty. My tanked just "CRACKED" from bottom to top. Not covered????

Tags
leak, tank