Old 08-24-2015, 03:57 PM   #11
I told the dealer I wouldn't except their answer and I left the trailer there. I called Sabre and Gary Grisby called the dealer and explained to them that they were wrong and told them how to fix the problem. I assume that some folks would have took the answer and left. I had owned other campers that didn't do this so I knew better and I was under warranty.

Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
How does someone like that Even become Service technician. Does BS like that have a customer go away satisfied, Ever?

Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #12
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
We had a similar problem but with our Black Tank -- UGH! The tank slipped off the brackets and came separated from the discharge pipe, allowing waste to drip/drain in the underbelly. It was under warranty at the time and the dealer did a good job of resetting and reinforcing the stays, and disinfected the entire underbelly.
The problem is, even on yours, you have to remove the underbelly panels just to see what the heck is going on.

Yes, all the tanks have to have a vent tube otherwise you'd get a vacuum and the water wouldn't drain. on our Hemi RK, the galley vent is actuall on the outside wall.

Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:48 PM   #13
We picked up our new 2015 Sabre 5th Wheel (33RETS) in December, packed it, then took off for Florida. Sitting outside we noticed the underbelly dripping water. We called our dealer back home in WNY and he talked us thru a few things, still dripped. We also drilled a hole in the underbelly to let the water drip out better. We thought we pinned it down to the shower, the runners for the sliding glass doors was not glued down good, water would gush out if you pushed down on the runners with your hands. Had the Mobile repair guy come to our camper and he checked everything and did not find the source of the leak. FR does not like mobile RV repair guys, they want you to go to a dealer. No dealer in Florida would touch us unless we bought it there. Had to call FR and get permission for Mobile Guy to fix it. After hours of him crawling thru every nook & cranny - he said he would try one more thing. FOUND IT!! It was our bathroom sink - the pipe was never attached!!! Because we don't use that sink all that much, the water problem was not happening all the time. So he made the repair, we paid him and sent the bill to our dealer back home and they paid us back. Life was good from then on in
2011 Chevy Silverado Diesel 2500HD
2015 Sabre 33 RETS 5th Wheel
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #14
Same Problem with Sabre

I just had the same problem with my new Sabre. They had to replace the gray tank because one of the bracket fittings on the tank was cracked. They said it is nearly impossible to patch these brackets because they always leak again.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #15
We have a 2014 Sabre 32BHOK. Had very similar issues. shower leaking and gray tank #2 leaking into underbelly. The only thing you can do to even begin to find your leaks and fix them is to cut the underbelly open to get access to the tanks and the valves. I had to drop over 1/2 of my underbelly in order to fix everything. The stuff mentioned above plus issues with fresh water tank. It sucks, its PIA but if you want to fix the stuff right the much of that underbelly has to come open.
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #16
Leak Found--- now What

Now at home base I was able to "lower" the underbelly. (Lower?? Talk about an understatement) and can see the leak was not as previously suspected. It looks like some sort of small slit or hole that opens wider with tank pressure. It is located on the tank just before the drain valve fitting is attached, but it looks to me to be in the casting of the tank, not near the welded on valve fitting.

The pic on the top was at about 1/4 full. The other was about 2/3 full.

I'll check with the dealer tomorrow to discuss options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8260018.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	86991   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8260021.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	86992  
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
Nights Camped: 2015-140; 2016-137 YTD; 160 Planned
SimchaSabre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #17
Wow. what a PIA for you. Just more poor quality control issues.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #18
Replace the tank unless you plan to trade or sell it to some other poor sucker.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #19
If your RV is out of warranty you might consider doing a repair of the tank yourself. I had a similar crack in a black holding tank on a previous 5th wheel. I found a product (Plasti Mend) which did an excellent job of repairing the crack. I feel that the repair area actually resulted in being stronger then the original tank. On Amazon it is listed for sale along with user comments. It's not cheap but then again it's cheaper then the alternative. I highly recommend it. Here is the Amazon website.
2002 F250 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS (67K miles)
2014 Palomino Columbus 320RS Grey/Charcoal
Nights camped in 2015 98 and counting
Nights camped in 2014 186
Nights camped in 2013 130
Enjoying the Good Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #20
I have also used Plasti-Mend. Also JB Weld. Both products work very well and didn't leak again. Most auto parts stores carry JB Weld, so does Walmart.

leak, tank, underbelly