Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #1

Hard to Believe

Just returned from our shakedown trip. After spending many hours working on and fixing the stereo so it wouldn't play through ALL the speakers, even though they were in the off position (neighbors didn't like that) The speaker wiring was all over the place A, B, & C speakers were all cross wired. Well I got that all straight and was left with an unattached pair of Purple wires and figured they belong to the sub woofer but couldn't get any SW sound. I contacted Palomino and was told that a SW is standard in my model and was under the step riser. This morning I looked in the basement behind the step and guess what, NO SW. I could only find one of the purple pair of wires that should have gone to the sub and it was just laying on the deck. I never could find the other set.

I also found a wired AC outlet laying on the deck, attached to nothing just laying there and one of my 3 heater hoses was not attached to anything. It also was laying on the deck.

This is really hard to figure out. Of the over 30 items on my punch list for the dealer only ONE was NOT a factory issue. Sometime during this trip the fridge stopped working on propane but was ok on electric. All the other items on the list shipped that way from the factory. These should have been resolved before the unit ever shipped.

Anyway, the rig is going to the dealer next week and we will see how they perform.

We love the rig but don't feel we should have to go through all this to get it right.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #2

WOW ! That is some pretty poor BS and frankly unacceptable. The level of pride is pretty bad to see that kind of issue(s) all in one area. Are there no checks at the Sabre plant.....?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
Here to Help

issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidceder View Post
Just returned from our shakedown trip. After spending many hours working on and fixing the stereo so it wouldn't play through ALL the speakers, even though they were in the off position (neighbors didn't like that) The speaker wiring was all over the place A, B, & C speakers were all cross wired. Well I got that all straight and was left with an unattached pair of Purple wires and figured they belong to the sub woofer but couldn't get any SW sound. I contacted Palomino and was told that a SW is standard in my model and was under the step riser. This morning I looked in the basement behind the step and guess what, NO SW. I could only find one of the purple pair of wires that should have gone to the sub and it was just laying on the deck. I never could find the other set.

I also found a wired AC outlet laying on the deck, attached to nothing just laying there and one of my 3 heater hoses was not attached to anything. It also was laying on the deck.

This is really hard to figure out. Of the over 30 items on my punch list for the dealer only ONE was NOT a factory issue. Sometime during this trip the fridge stopped working on propane but was ok on electric. All the other items on the list shipped that way from the factory. These should have been resolved before the unit ever shipped.

Anyway, the rig is going to the dealer next week and we will see how they perform.

We love the rig but don't feel we should have to go through all this to get it right.
Dear Customer,
I can't apologize enough for the problems you are having. This is not acceptable. Will you please send me a PM with your full name, address, the name of the selling dealer and the last six digits of your vin number.

I want to get this feedback to the plant. I could have stuck my head in the sand and not commented on your post, but I hope getting this information to the plant will make us better.

Sabresam
Old 08-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #4

I read a lot of comments here and often click on the current threads and occasionally see problems being Aired on this forum. I know that every Mfgr. has issues and no one makes a problem free RV....its how that things are handled after the sale that I value the most. If I am EVER in the market for a 5er....Saber will be at the top of my list for this very reason. Bravo SaberSam!! In my line of work, having problems with our equipment is just as much of an opportunity as a new sale. You make repeat customers and attract new ones based on the way you handle problems.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
I read a lot of comments here and often click on the current threads and occasionally see problems being Aired on this forum. I know that every Mfgr. has issues and no one makes a problem free RV....its how that things are handled after the sale that I value the most. If I am EVER in the market for a 5er....Saber will be at the top of my list for this very reason. Bravo SaberSam!! In my line of work, having problems with our equipment is just as much of an opportunity as a new sale. You make repeat customers and attract new ones based on the way you handle problems.
X2....already a customer & proud of it!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #6

Not Angry

Thanks Sam;

I will PM you the info you requested but would first like to present this to my dealer so it does not look as though I am going over his head. I need to build that relationship & none of this is his fault. I will send it to you next week unless you press for having it now. Let me know.

By the way I got home yesterday and found the attic vents you had sent several weeks ago here waiting for me. Appreciate the job you do for us. I really do.

Just so you all know Sam, I am not angry about this, just disappointed.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #7
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidceder View Post
Thanks Sam;

I will PM you the info you requested but would first like to present this to my dealer so it does not look as though I am going over his head. I need to build that relationship & none of this is his fault. I will send it to you next week unless you press for having it now. Let me know.

By the way I got home yesterday and found the attic vents you had sent several weeks ago here waiting for me. Appreciate the job you do for us. I really do.

Just so you all know Sam, I am not angry about this, just disappointed.
David...hate to hear stories like this with a brand new product, it's defiantly disheartening after dropping $35-$40K and to deal with issues BUT if anyone can make it straight, I believe FR & your Dealer will come through.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
phat phrog stunt crew

ryand ..... if you ever get a sabre, you will most certainly enjoy it. ours has been trouble free (except for owner caused problems) since we bought it last summer. we are very happy with it.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #9

Thanks Everyone

Hey everybody;

Thanks for the support. I also believe that FR will come through. They have showed me nothing to make me think otherwise. Both Sabre Sam and Gary Grigsby have done well for in the past.

We really like our 32RCTS and of these many issues, none were show stoppers that made us cut short our month long shake down.

David

Old 08-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Well said, new owner here, really like the Sabre, I did my research and kept coming back to the Sabre, great reviews here and other sites and SabreSam seems to take care of business.

2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline   Reply With Quote