Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #1

Help! Ordering 2013/14 Sabre 35QSIK

We are getting close to ordering a Sabre 35QSIK (bunks w/slide kitchen). The wife and I formerly had a Crossroads Cruiser with a lifestyle lounge. I've read on here about a "super lounge" in the Sabre but looking through the brochure and online there isn't a mention (I might of missed it) on the details and if it's still an option? I love the 12' couch we had in our Crossroads and I had given up on finding a unit with something similar until I came across a mention of the "super lounge".

Also, the brochure is non-specific on whether the 35QSIK can be ordered with a king bed, it appears it is an option on this floorplan by reviewing pictures online.

Also, on price I've requested a quote from RVWholesalers - any other "volume dealers" I should be aware of that may compete on a price basis with RVW?

I currently have a Forester Class C - selling it now so I'm quickly approaching the point of ordering it. Anyone with a "super lounge" who could share some pictures?

Anyone with a 35QSIk that would care to share their opinions/thoughts? Seems the Sabre is well thought of on here, a miracle today with the way some brands have been headed.

Thank you!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #2

we looked at them but decided to get the wildcat instead, but got it with out the kitchen outside, we wanted more room for the kids and their friends and when they are done with us I can put a desk under the bunk, also we like the 2012 master layout with the angled bed it opens the room up so much

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #3

Thanks - still looking for current owners with some idea on the super lounge and any experience from a current owner of this floorplan.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #4

If you check with Sabre Sam, he maybe able to help you order your unit with the options you are looking for. I aas able to order my Sabre with a few items not lited in the brochure.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #5

Thank you - sent a PM to him.

Looks like you have a new Sabre - how are you liking it so far, any QC issues?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #6

We actually took delivery in Mar 2012 and we love it. We ordered it about this time last year and took about 6 weeks. QC wise, there was a fairly long list (14 or 15 items) of mostly minor things which the dealer took care of either on pick day or later on in the seson when we were not using it. Others on this forum reported zero sabre factory defects. Either wee were an exception or maybe just very fussy.

We had excellent support form both the factory and Dealer and all were resolved with no impact on our camping plans.

Be sure to prepare a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) check list and be prepared to spend several hour on pick up day if need be going over it.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #7
Here to Help

I have responded to the origianl questions:
1. I've emailed the customer a picture of the superlounge
2. Yes you can order a king bed in the 35QSIK model.

I hope this helps you become a new Sabre owner.

Thanks for considering our brand.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #8

Thank you Sam - I appreciate your quick response and assistance! This certianly answered my questions.

Mike & Family.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #9

Does anyone have any recomendations for other "volume" dealers to look at? So far Wana RV has treated me real well. I quoted RVW but based on the sales persons lack of professionalism and speaking down about other dealers (who have many user reviews) I would like other names.

So who have you folks bought your Sabre's from? Give me a lead!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #10

We were lucky. I looked into the 2 that you mentioned + a few more, but we would up buying from the closet Sabre dealer to our home here in MI...just 30 min away. Best price and good service rep.

Watch out for Lo balling. You may get a good base price for the unit,but then extra fees added on like prep, delivery etc. The only extras for us were Tax & Title.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #11

Yes - all the quotes I've requested were inclusive of delivery, PDI, and any doc fee's. I've purchased a few RV's so I learnt that lesson on RV #1
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
H2oski

Check out Norman Campers in Merietta, Ga. Small but good prices when I bought mine. I have also gotten great service from them. QC of mine I found a couple of items and they were repaired on the spot.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #13

We bought our Sabre 34TBOK from American RV in Grand Rapids MI. Bill Blake was our salesman and he treated us fantastic. He was able to get us the best price so we ordered our unit over the phone and by email. When it came in, it was exactly as ordered. I have nothing but the great things to say about them.
radurecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #14

Thanks to all who posted to this gentlemen's questions. I found a few of the responses quit helpful.. My wife and I are ready to order are Sabre 35qsik.. couple of quick questions?
1.Has anyone seen or have pictures of 35qsik in the Greystone color scheme?
2.I would really like to see the picture of the super Lounge if possible..
3.We looked at many dealers to order from. Has anyone ordered from wana rv? they seem to very helpful and ready to answer any questions one may have.. We looked at the dealer in Elk river.. also seemed to be good.. Prices a little higher then wana rv.. Hate to send money to a dealer without references!! Thank you to all in advance for the help and hope to help someone on here in the future..
Sincerely,

The Dandeneau's
Manitoba Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Physician

Hello all,
Just ordered my Sabre 35QSIK yesterday so I thought I'd join the forum and share my experience.
I did order my unit with the SuperLounge in place of the couch/dinette in the main slide (see pic). I had to confirm this was available in this model as the only place I saw it was in a model 32TBOK of the same line. My dealer confirmed with Palomino that it is indeed available and should be reflected in the 2014 model year brochures.
Also, the bunk-room now comes standard with the Sleep & Play Lounge in the bunk slide which worked well for us as this was the configuration we wanted.
I purchased at Carpenter's Campers in Pensacola, so far I've got nothing but good things to say about them. They were very patient with me during my research phase, must've answered 2 dozen emails from me and did so promptly. Final price was comparable to the selling prices I've seen across the web for similarly equipped units.

SabreDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Physician

Sorry, here's the pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sabre Full Couch 2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	26390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sabre Full Couch.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	26391  

Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #17

Congrats on ordering your new Sabre 35QSIK SabreDoc! Did you get an EDA (Estimated Date of Arrival)?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Physician

Hi Wiscampsin,
They're telling me Mid-May. According to my dealer, they prioritize pre-sold units over those that are spec units. I hope he's right. :-)
Doc

Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #19
Phat Phrog Physician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Campers View Post
1.Has anyone seen or have pictures of 35qsik in the Greystone color scheme?
So far as I know, the 35QSIK comes in either standard white, Platinum Edition beige(ish) or you could get a custom paint job. The only comparable unit in grey that I've seen in my research was the Heartland Greystone 33CK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Campers View Post
2.I would really like to see the picture of the super Lounge if possible.
See above. :-)
Doc

Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #20

Thanks SabreDoc! Appreciate the help.. Congrats on ordering your new 35qsik! My wife and I placed are order a couple weeks ago.. Ended up ordering from Wana Rv. Seemed to be very helpful..

Couple quick extras we added to are unit.

1. Platinum exterior
2. Greystone Interior(still have not been able to find a unit with this interior scheme)
3. Slide Toppers
4. Changed the Pantry door to a glass door. Same door as in the back bed room. Extra $75.
5. Added Air Safe Pin Box..
6. Electric rear jacks.
7. stabilizing bars for front landing gear.
8. 10g hot water tank.
9. didn't go with the larger bed in master bed room.. felt it may take up to much rm and make it feel to small.. just are thought..

Are delivery date was estimated to be 6 Weeks.. Dealer will deliver Unit to Thief river falls for $1300.00... Not worth me driving down to Shipshewana, IN.

Hope some of this information may help someone!

If anyone has pictures of this unit in the Greystone Interior We would certainly like to see them!

Thanks Everyone..

The Dandeneau's
Manitoba Campers is offline   Reply With Quote