Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #21

I didn't notice all those speaker when I looked at a 320 this weekend. Are they all in the ceiling?
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #22

This question may be a little off topic,,,I have a new 320RS on order,,,there is one unit in town (but at a different dealer than I purchased from,,so I can't be too nosy).
The information mentions the unit comes with a 1000 watt stereo (surround sound etc..),,,where is the receiver stored in relation to the TV,,what is the brand?
Thanks,
dr
Sounds like I may want to go ahead and get some cables? or ?
Dru R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
I didn't notice all those speaker when I looked at a 320 this weekend. Are they all in the ceiling?
Yes all except the sub which is located behind the fireplace.
Camping Days so far in 2013=19
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru R
This question may be a little off topic,,,I have a new 320RS on order,,,there is one unit in town (but at a different dealer than I purchased from,,so I can't be too nosy).
The information mentions the unit comes with a 1000 watt stereo (surround sound etc..),,,where is the receiver stored in relation to the TV,,what is the brand?
Thanks,
dr
Sounds like I may want to go ahead and get some cables? or ?
On my 320 it is located just above the tv behind a hinged glass door. I would wait on the cables till you know what brand you receive. Some units have a Panasonic w/Toshiba tv some have the Samsung /HiSense combo. With the Panny all you you should need is a toslink optical cable.
Camping Days so far in 2013=19
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #25
Trailer Trash

I have the Samsung unit. IT is the stereo also.
You need a digital audio coax cable coming OUT of HiSense TV
You need a digital audio optical/toslink cable going INTO the Samsung home theatre unit

You need a digital coax to optical convertor box also. Here is a selection on Amazon.
Amazon.com: coaxial to optical digital audio converter: Electronics
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #26

Why isn't the digital sound carried over HDMI?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Why isn't the digital sound carried over HDMI?
The way HDMI is right now is one way. Most TV's out there do not have a HDMI out port... I think the tech is out there for this to change in the future...

So to get a digital audio "from" the TV to the surround sound system you would need either digital coax or fiber optic hook ups. You can use a converter to go digital to optic or visa verse.

In my TT and I think most new ones right now, the DVD and surround sound amp is the same unit. So when getting the video and audio both from the same unit, there is no need for audio to go "from" the TV back to the surround sound system. I hope that wasn't confusing...
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #28

Ok.

How many hdmi's do the home theatre units have? Is there inputs to have a blu-ray and a directtv decoder both hooked up? I assume that these would carry the sound via hdmi directly to the home theatre unit.

So if I understand it correctly, only cable tv or over-the-air tv would be an issue for 5.1 sound.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #29

Quote:
How many hdmi's do the home theatre units have? Is there inputs to have a blu-ray and a directtv decoder both hooked up? I assume that these would carry the sound via hdmi directly to the home theatre unit.
It varies. In my TT, I have the GT 3.0, it has 1 HDMI "out" and zero HDMI "in". I don't have a blu-ray in there yet, but when I do add one, I'm planning on hooking it via HDMI straight to the TV. Then to get audio "from" the TV to the surround sound system I will run digital optic... Hooking up a Sat box would be the same...

Quote:
So if I understand it correctly, only cable tv or over-the-air tv would be an issue for 5.1 sound.
Yes, except anything that you hook up straight to the TV. (like I said above for hooking up a blu-ray, Sat box, etc...)
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #30
Trailer Trash

The Hisense tv has 3 hdmi inputs
The Samsung home theatre unit has 1 hdmi output - it outputs to the TV.
No way to take a hdmi from tv, and input it into the Samsung.

If you look at the back of both of the units AND read the manuals, it should make sense to you.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote