Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #1

HiSense/Samsung surround sound

I am pleased to report that using a digital coaxial audio cable out of the HiSense TV to a coax in to fiber optic out converter and then using a fiber optic out to the Samsung entertainment system will give you surround sound.
You will need to go into the Tv menu select audio-select s/pdif-select dolby digital and then exit. On the Samsung receiver select source as digital-in. Remove the rca to mini plug for headphones from the Tv.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #2

Sound Difference

Reddfinadict,

We have only watched a few minutes of DVD and TV, using the “factory fix” headphone jack set, set up, but thought the surround sound was functioning. Is there a significant improvement in sound, using the converter?

Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #3

It will depend on whether you are content with stereo sound which is all you will get out of the headphone jack or if you prefer true 5.1 digital surround sound. It will also be dependent on the received audio signal. OTA broadcasts may or may not be broadcast in 5.1 dolby digital or may be in stereo. Some people may actually prefer the sound from the tv speakers which are quite adequate, they will sync to the video perfectly and the tv has a setting for simulated surround sound.

It wont effect your watching dvd's because that audio signal is processed and output directly by the Samsung system.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #4

Sold

Thanks for the detailed clarification on the benefits. I knew there had to be some, just not sure what they were. Ordering the converter tonight.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #5

waiting on our cable.................

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #6

Ok have cable hooked to surround sound.... Can't figure where to plug it in on tele.....Help please!!!!!

Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #7

Also have panasonic surround sound!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
Ok have cable hooked to surround sound.... Can't figure where to plug it in on tele.....Help please!!!!!
If you have a Toshiba tv,you need to plug into the audio output on back center of tv. Set receiver to AUX.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #9

last weekend I took that digital audio cable (that took forever to get here from China) and hooked it into the surround sound. And then moved it around ... didn't get the sound from the television to surround sound. This weekend decided to switch out satellite boxes (bedroom and living room) and as i was moving them I realized that it has a digital audio in......... so I tried and low and behold I got it!!! Happy Dance for me!! We even had local channels............... GREAT WEEKEND this time

Old 07-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfinaddict View Post
It will depend on whether you are content with stereo sound which is all you will get out of the headphone jack or if you prefer true 5.1 digital surround sound. It will also be dependent on the received audio signal. OTA broadcasts may or may not be broadcast in 5.1 dolby digital or may be in stereo. Some people may actually prefer the sound from the tv speakers which are quite adequate, they will sync to the video perfectly and the tv has a setting for simulated surround sound.

It wont effect your watching dvd's because that audio signal is processed and output directly by the Samsung system.
redfinaddict,

We have the Hiscense/Samsung set up in our 320RS Columbus. By converter, do you mean a satelitte converter?

By the way, purchased the Columbus last month and after a Coachman and one other Forest River product, this one is by far the best!