Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #1

How Do You Adjust Valterra Water Regulator?

I just bought a Valterra Water Regulator (adjustable w/gauge) and have a question about adjusting it's pressure. I hooked it to the water supply at the house and capped off the other end to see the pressure. It was 50 psi., which I believe is the factory setting. I then turned the adjusting screw both left and right but the pressure didn't change. Does the pressure get adjusted when there is no flow running through the regulator or does the water need to be flowing? Which direction of the adjustment screw increases or decreases the pressure?

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoul8r View Post
I just bought a Valterra Water Regulator (adjustable w/gauge) and have a question about adjusting it's pressure. I hooked it to the water supply at the house and capped off the other end to see the pressure. It was 50 psi., which I believe is the factory setting. I then turned the adjusting screw both left and right but the pressure didn't change. Does the pressure get adjusted when there is no flow running through the regulator or does the water need to be flowing? Which direction of the adjustment screw increases or decreases the pressure?
Don't have a Valtera but most PRV's turning the screw/stem clockwise raises pressure. You must use water between adjustments to get new pressure setting or while flowing it will change.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #3

You may also have only 50 psi of water pressure going into the regulator. If you set it above 50 and only have 50 going in, you won't get more pressure going out.

If you set it below 50 (say to 40 psi) and have already pressurized the gauge on a closed system to 50 psi, you will have to leak some of the water out of the closed system to let the pressure come down to the new pressure (as in the example 40 psi).

2012 GMC 3500 Duramax Crew Cab, SuperGlide 20k
2014 Cedar Creek 36B4, LP Onan, Level-Up, Trail-Air pin, electric fridge
Campwell is offline   Reply With Quote