Old 02-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #31
AKA KE2DX

I went completly through this post as I am thinking of purchasing a 34 REQS. I see that no responder to this post owns the unit that I am looking at but have owned 2 previous Forest River products before. Like any RV, there are always going to be some sort of small repair to be made when first purchased. The problems do not scare me as I have "been there, done that" with 5 previous TT's. As my signatures shows, I am towing with a 6.7 cummings turbo diesel, and the DW and I usually travel lightly so I think I'll be good to go with my TV. Any thoughts on the 34 REQS?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #32
H2oski

I can not speak for the REQS but we love our Sabre.

(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #33

We just bought a 34reqs yesterday. We looked at many different brands and one thing I noticed on this Sabre was a much nicer fit and finish. The bathroom/bedroom doors are actually framed in and you don't have a 3" gap between the top of the doors and the ceiling. So many more expensive brands all seemed to be that way-just seemed cheap for what you are paying for them. We also liked the full height vertical windows on the slide out. Even has accent lighting above the kitchen cabinets. We really liked the bathroom- shower is really big. Can't wait to use it.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #34

2012 model, hope they read my posting. Ours is a 2009 RETS, we had it a year before things began to break. First the roof vent lids then the plastic parts that hold the cargo doors and entry door open, plastic was crumbling from the sun light, plus other things like made in china light bulbs that contacts rusted. The hide-a-bed cushions seams began to to split open not from abuse, but use. We replaced the couch, because it cost to much to fix, with a leather double recliner we found on sale that fit in it's place, a very nice change. Then there's the flooring on the slides that began to give problems, see earlier post. We tried to trade it in on another brand, but will lose too much money, so we'll stay with this RV a little longer.

Good luck with your newer model, we spend to much on our RV's to experience problems. Let me add that Forest River has helped us with some expenses of repairs, but the flooring that was only patched not replaced, that will be the ruins of this RV. Now I will have to provide support under the slide flooring when parked for extended periods to prevent more sinking from occurring. Also, I recommend an extended warranty service policy, from Good Sams Club or whomever when factory expires. At $110 an hour for labor cost to repair, it's a little bit of money for a lot of peace of mind, and I fear we'll need it for repairs in the future as the past has demonstrated.

Today, we just begin living in our RV full time. We're parked on a lot we bought next to Lake Livingston, Tx, and will use it as a home base for more traveling. Just pray the price of Diesel doesn't go beyond $5 a gal.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #35

Just looked at the photos of a 34REQS, Very Nice, just be sure the flooring for the slides is protected from rain absorption on the outside, this is where our flooring problems began.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #36

We have owned a 2010 RETS-6 for two seasons now. We like our unit. We did a 10,000 mile 2 1/2 month trip to Alaska last summer. Any minor problems the dealer took care of.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #37

Well we don't own it yet but we did order a 34REQS -6 last week. Wanted the thermal pane windows. Fingers crossed that in 6 - 8 weeks we'll actually have it in our posession.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Well we don't own it yet but we did order a 34REQS -6 last week. Wanted the thermal pane windows. Fingers crossed that in 6 - 8 weeks we'll actually have it in our posession.
Oooooooooh the wait!
I don't believe I could ever order one! The wait would kill me!
Usually when I buy something I want it Now!
Congrats!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #39

^ Thanks. Yeah, the wait is a killer, but it's a little too cold to use it now anyway. If it were June I would be a bit more anxious. The T-pane windows were something we really wanted so it had to be a factory order. We bought our current '08 Jayco TT off the lot and that was instant gratification.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

where you located in wisconsin ? I spend alot of time there all year round .