Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #21

Being I will be a first time buyer it appears to me that I will need to settle for whatever brands the local RV dealers have. This dealer will also need to be a very reliable dealer to take care of any factory build issues. This would hinder me a lot for trying to get the best deal, being I may have to order what I want.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #22
Del

Thumbs down

My biggest complaint is basic being lied to by the manufacture who is supposed to be fixing and issue caused by their failure to correctly install two sided sealant tape.

First we made arrangements ahead of time. We followed their request so it wouldn’t be gone forever. So when I dropped it off, when we stated we would and were told 3-4weeks.

Called near the end of week four, thinking it would be any day, to find it had not been picked up yet. Call Gary at the manufacture, he stated “they don’t bump people and there were 7 ahead of me” on the list. Well I was on the list in September to be picked up at the beginning of October, now it was November.

When I asked about his e-mail stating I was pushed back to Oct28th and as of Nov3rd it still was picked up… At first he started to deign it until I gave him the date time stamp on the e-mail. Then his story changed saying thing come in with other things wrong they must fix. So a month after mine was supposed to be picked up to work on, I am eight on a list that people don’t get bumped down?

Another thing Gary lied on was; he stated “we can only work on two units at a time so it takes time”….next call Gary stated “we are working on five units right now”… Is it two or five unit they can work on? When I mentioned what he said about only two units. Gary changed it to “we have five units to work on here”.

As of 6am 28th Nov, my fifth wheel was still at the dealer. This is over eight weeks after the arranged time to be picked up. Three months from the time we started the process. So that and the changing stories, is what I chalk up as poor customer support. Also Gary has yet to return any of my last five phone calls.

Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #23
Here to Help

Dear Sabre customer please send me your contact information and vin number and I will try to help. I have been in the industry over15 years and Gary is one of the best I have worked with. I also have been the victim of public comments that are one side of the story.

Thanks and I look forward in helping you like I have other forum members.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #24

Hate to hear about Del's issues. we've owned two Sabre fifth wheels. Upgraded from a 2009 RLDS to a 2011 31RETS to have three slides since we adopted a cool boxer pup! My neighbors also own a 2011 31RETS. All 3 units have been a blast to own. A few minor issues, but that is to be expected. We've owned Jayco and flagstaff ubits in the past and had minor issues as well. We've had great support from Forest River on the warranty issues. actually met factory reps at Houston and austin Rv shows. Those guys have been phenomenal to work with. I'd recommend the brand in a heart beat!
sasnupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:54 AM   #25

Guess Del and I expect more than we're getting for a product that retails for over $40,000. I expected the Sabre to last for 4 or 5 years before problems set in. To bad it wasn't built by Toyota. Less money and no rotten floors or plastic that turns to powder from the sun. Quality control means a lot and will go a long way keeping customers pleased with their investment and coming back for more. I don't buy Jeep anymore either.
Hope SabreSam helps Del out, now that a situation I hope I'm never in. What if that was his only home? We plan to live in ours for a short time after we sell our home. Bad idea? Hope not. We'll let everyone know.
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #26

Have had our 2011 31 RETS for 2 full seasons,(we had one of the very first made 2011s made in April 2010) no problems or issues whatsoever,absolutely love it,no complaints,very well built,and we have had a few TTs before this,best value for the money out there anywhere,and most all the optional stuff on other fivers of this price range,are standard and included,on the Sabre.
SuperDutyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #27

Bought our Sabre in August of 2010 ,so far any minor issues have been resolved by the dealer.This is our 3rd 5th wheel (Prowler & Flagstaff before)...very happy with the quality of the Sabre so far...and it tows great.
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4 SXT 6.4l Hemi 3:73's
Former Michelin Tire Guy
kevnval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #28

Bought our 2011 31 RETS a little over a year ago, and now the DW and I are fulltiming for a year or two. We really like our coach, and it has had only a few minor problems. As noted in other replies, it does tow nicely and we are happy with the overall quality of the rig.

This picture is on the way to the Grand Tetons in Wyoming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	teton.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	9759
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #29

We purchased a 2010 Sabre 32BHOK and love it!! Glad to meet othe Sabre owners. We have a very few issues with ours and most my dh has fixed himself. 2012 with be our third camping season and I can't wait. Booked our first campground for the 2012 season today. Happy Camping!!
firewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

cant wait to get mine out as well ! first camping trip planned . just me and the dw
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #31

I went completly through this post as I am thinking of purchasing a 34 REQS. I see that no responder to this post owns the unit that I am looking at but have owned 2 previous Forest River products before. Like any RV, there are always going to be some sort of small repair to be made when first purchased. The problems do not scare me as I have "been there, done that" with 5 previous TT's. As my signatures shows, I am towing with a 6.7 cummings turbo diesel, and the DW and I usually travel lightly so I think I'll be good to go with my TV. Any thoughts on the 34 REQS?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #32
H2oski

I can not speak for the REQS but we love our Sabre.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #33

We just bought a 34reqs yesterday. We looked at many different brands and one thing I noticed on this Sabre was a much nicer fit and finish. The bathroom/bedroom doors are actually framed in and you don't have a 3" gap between the top of the doors and the ceiling. So many more expensive brands all seemed to be that way-just seemed cheap for what you are paying for them. We also liked the full height vertical windows on the slide out. Even has accent lighting above the kitchen cabinets. We really liked the bathroom- shower is really big. Can't wait to use it.
dieselr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #34

2012 model, hope they read my posting. Ours is a 2009 RETS, we had it a year before things began to break. First the roof vent lids then the plastic parts that hold the cargo doors and entry door open, plastic was crumbling from the sun light, plus other things like made in china light bulbs that contacts rusted. The hide-a-bed cushions seams began to to split open not from abuse, but use. We replaced the couch, because it cost to much to fix, with a leather double recliner we found on sale that fit in it's place, a very nice change. Then there's the flooring on the slides that began to give problems, see earlier post. We tried to trade it in on another brand, but will lose too much money, so we'll stay with this RV a little longer.

Good luck with your newer model, we spend to much on our RV's to experience problems. Let me add that Forest River has helped us with some expenses of repairs, but the flooring that was only patched not replaced, that will be the ruins of this RV. Now I will have to provide support under the slide flooring when parked for extended periods to prevent more sinking from occurring. Also, I recommend an extended warranty service policy, from Good Sams Club or whomever when factory expires. At $110 an hour for labor cost to repair, it's a little bit of money for a lot of peace of mind, and I fear we'll need it for repairs in the future as the past has demonstrated.

Today, we just begin living in our RV full time. We're parked on a lot we bought next to Lake Livingston, Tx, and will use it as a home base for more traveling. Just pray the price of Diesel doesn't go beyond $5 a gal.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #35

Just looked at the photos of a 34REQS, Very Nice, just be sure the flooring for the slides is protected from rain absorption on the outside, this is where our flooring problems began.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #36

We have owned a 2010 RETS-6 for two seasons now. We like our unit. We did a 10,000 mile 2 1/2 month trip to Alaska last summer. Any minor problems the dealer took care of.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #37

Well we don't own it yet but we did order a 34REQS -6 last week. Wanted the thermal pane windows. Fingers crossed that in 6 - 8 weeks we'll actually have it in our posession.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Well we don't own it yet but we did order a 34REQS -6 last week. Wanted the thermal pane windows. Fingers crossed that in 6 - 8 weeks we'll actually have it in our posession.
Oooooooooh the wait!
I don't believe I could ever order one! The wait would kill me!
Usually when I buy something I want it Now!
Congrats!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #39

^ Thanks. Yeah, the wait is a killer, but it's a little too cold to use it now anyway. If it were June I would be a bit more anxious. The T-pane windows were something we really wanted so it had to be a factory order. We bought our current '08 Jayco TT off the lot and that was instant gratification.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

where you located in wisconsin ? I spend alot of time there all year round .