Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

how many of us (SABRE) owners

I guess I just had to do it .

How many of US are there on here ?

A my signature states I have a

2011 SABRE 32 bhok-6 Fifth wheel

My dw and I really have no complaints about it .

If anyone has any questions or answers for the sabre line lets post them here.
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #2

Just took my 2008 31RKTS-6 to the NC mountains last week for some fly fishing.
After 4 years, it's still a great rig...that is until Saturday morning at 5:00 am.
I ran out of propane so for some reason, the furnace stopped blowing warm air.
Imagine that? Next time, I'll make sure BOTH tanks are full!
We love our Sabre and look forward to go back out in the Spring, or maybe sooner.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
H2oski

Been out a couple of times (16 nights, 1800 miles) and very happy with our decision to purchase a Sabre.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I guess I just had to do it .

How many of US are there on here ?

A my signature states I have a

2011 SABRE 32 bhok-6 Fifth wheel

My dw and I really have no complaints about it .

If anyone has any questions or answers for the sabre line lets post them here.
Ron

Congratulations on your new thread. All the best to the SABRE owning campers. Have fun, drive safely, arrive alive.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #5

I received my 2012 31 RETS in May, had lots of great camping and looking forward to next year.
snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Yeah its that time of year........
I think we got about 5 nights on ours getting it in late aug.
hate putting it away every year
Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #7

Just to let you know we own a 2010 31rkds Palomino Sabre, and love it. This past summer we were out in it for 3 months from mid May to Mid August.
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #8

Smile

Verrry happy with our 2011 sabre 31rlds
Dave and Rainy
daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #9

Satisfied with our 2010 31ckts. No problems.

Sybil and Bob
Old 11-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #10

Smile

We love our 2009 31REDS. Are fulltiming in it, and have really found very few problems, and our dealer took care of those right away.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #11

Had 2011 RETS since August 2011, Man we love this thing!
spurge1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #12

28RETS Owners

We purchased our Sabre 28RETS in Nov. 2009 and have had a few problems. So far we have logged over 20,000 miles on the RV, that included a trip from Texas to Marathon on the Keys in Florida, then we headed north to Prince Edward Island and Halifax, Nova Scotia Can. In all we covered a little more than 10,000 miles traveling over some ruff roads, and our Sabre didn't didn't suffer and structural problems or breakdowns. It took us over 3 months to complete this adventure and it was great. We are quite happy with the way the Sabre handled the road abuse, but it did suffer water penetration to the flooring under the slides from all the rain we experienced on the trip. Seems the factory didn't seal the exposed portion of the flooring adequately, allowing the plywood glue to dissolve and let mold grow in the water soaked openings rubbing off on the carpet inside when closing slides. I've also had to replace all of the plastic entry door and cargo door retainers, vent covers on the roof, now the stove vent, and now needs the outside shower enclosure replaced. The sun has caused the plastic to deteriorate fast and warp. We've also had problems with the Dometic frig not cooling right away when switching to elect from gas.

However, we are happy to report, Palomino will reimburse us the cost to patch the damage to the flooring caused by the water penetration. They didn't agree to replace the flooring, and I didn't want them removing the slides anyway, but they did agree to patch whats there, just hope it holds. Also Palomino has been good about mailing me new plastic parts that have broken. Some replacements I've had to do on the road with parts bought along the way.

We probably won't keep the Sabre much longer, the flooring problem worries me.
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #13

We've had our 5er for 2 years now. A few minor problems like around 2 windows, the caulking didn't seal to the wall. I could've taken it in for warranty but I fixed myself and saved travelling one hour to dealership to drop off, then back home and another two hours there and back to get it plus the time at the dealership without being able to use it. Also one wall switch in bathroom didn't work. The light worked from the other switch and the fan worked from the speed switch. Finally got idea to pull wallplate off switches and found some extra strands of wire from the crimp connector touching the other switch. Cut the extra strands off and now both switches work as they should. Also the skirting on the couch/table slide wasn't attached properly and the bottom part was flapping in the wind while travelling. I made some brackets that attach to the underside of the slide and now hold the skirting from moving while travelling.
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
Del

Angry Sabre 31reds, poor customer support.

I am now regretting my Sabre 2009 31REDS purchase. I bought it new. The sides are delaminating due to a manufacture mistake. They didn’t remove the paper off the sealant tape for the gutters, which allows water to get into the walls.
In early September, we made arrangements to drop it off at the dealer after our Harvestfest camping weekend (first weekend in Oct). I was told it would take 3-4 weeks, we had to remove everything and winterize the unit. Well, I pulled everything out of it (taking up most of my family room), winterized it and dropped it off Tuesday (Oct 4th) after the camping weekend.
Four weeks later, I called the dealer to see where my 5th wheel was. Well it was still sitting at the dealer. I stopped by and the dealer showed me an e-mail sent from Gary (from the manufacture) that they would pick the unit up Oct 28th. That date had already past. The dealer gave me Gary’s phone number. I called Gary.
Week 8 of my 3-4 week wait; after a few phone calls and an ever changing story from Gary, my 5th wheel STILL sits at the dealer (28th of Nov and a month after he said they would pick it up). The last four messages left on Gary’s voice mail have not returned. My family room is still full of stuff from my 5th wheel and unusable with the holiday season upon us.
This is on top of, cabinet doors falling apart, sealants and caulking I redid, yellowing and brittle plastice vent and speaker covers........
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #15

All of these bad reports are making me rethink this brand for a future purchase.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #16
Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
All of these bad reports are making me rethink this brand for a future purchase.
My parents were looking at purchasing one in the spring. After what I went through and a camping friend (Kevin), I’m telling them not to buy one.
Kevin's unit has been back to the factory three times I think. Once like mine and once for raw sewage leaking due to pumping not correctly connected by the factory.
They are beautiful units, but support is the worst, construction is ify.
I’m wondering why Gary won’t return my phone calls. I’ve been nice, but pointed out where his story has changed a few times. (IE caught him lying)
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #17

reubenray,
Don't let some of these posts scare you off from ANY brand. Resign yourself that there will always be some kind of issue, no matter the brand. It's unfortunate that some of the owners get more than their share of the problems. Keystone products aren't any better or worse than Forest River. Go to any of the forums and you will find those who sing the praises of their brand, and the next post is like that above. It's the nature of the industry and it's unfortunate.
1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #18
H2oski

Well Turbo it looks like the intention of your post was taken the wrong way and has been hijacked, DEL I'm sorry for all your problems with your Sabre and hope you get them all solved to your satisfaction. I was wondering why you didn't create your own post? Just thinking! Still happy with ours even though we have had a couple of minor problems that were solved quickly. That's my experiance. Good Luck.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #19

I've got a 2010 32BHDS and it's an awesome unit! Despite the few negative comments above, the Sabre is a great quality RV, with workmanship far better than most in the same class. My few issues were quickly resolved by my dealer and his contact at the Sabre factory. I would highly recommend the Sabre!
SabreMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

yeah well for every 5 bad experiences theres likely 50 good .
nothing in this world is perfect !