Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #21

We've had our unit out now for 3 trips and I'm packing it up again to leave for 4 days this weekend. Still no regrets about our 5'er. Wife and I have enjoyed showing it off to other campers. We've had a few minor issues; Leak under bathroom sink(tightened pipes), one drawer not aligned, and two outside storage doors not aligned. All fixed by myself and would recommend this unit to anyone. It's even survived a hail storm and quite a few severe thunderstorms unharmed. Love the floorplan and storage.

2006 GMC 2500HD 4x4 xtra cab, 6.0,4.10, SB, P3 Brake Controller, Colibert RailRider 5th Wheel hitch for B&W
2009 Puma 253FBS
2001 H-D Road King Classic
Flatrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #22

My wife and I brought our first TT this year, a Puma 20QB. Not the biggest size around, but at least it would give us idea if we're going to spend the time camping. Have taken it out 4 times and so far no problems (besides trying to hook up the Concerton System,which now works). We moved to VA from Ca in 06 and last year bought a tent trailer, pop up trailer,etc (whatever people call them). Used it one time and we said, we either trade it in or get rid of it. Glad we traded it in and the two dogs we have love their "bed" the table when it folds down. Wasn't sure about buying either becasue I was unsure about the know how in backing it up. But I ran into a "trucker" at a camp ground and he gave me first hand instructions on how to back it up (my biggest fear). Now I have no fear and hopfully in two years will upgrade to a 23' with slide outs...
Bigbear59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #23
RV Nut

Hello everyone, I'm new hear. Just purchased a 2009 Puma 30FQSS and spent the last week camping in the upper middle states (Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota) on our way back home to Wpg. I'm Canadian eh! Pulled it home some 900 miles with a 08 F250 on gas (real hungry). No major problems so far, minor things like toilet roll dispenser in wrong spot, some glue spots here and there and the usual saw dust left behind by sloppy installers. What a great trailer! On another note, the dealer had given us the option of installing a LCD and stereo system but I declined. Some 19" LCD with 5.1 surround system for $1000.00 extra. I stopped in at Best Buy and picked up a 26" LCD that fits perfectly for $399.00. Everyone seems to be having problems with their Concertone units so I found an excellent replacement! The Pyle Audio PLDVCR500 DVD/VCR combo, plays everything but a slice of bread and records too! I know with the new PVR's and such on the market that VCR's may be passe but for $225.00 how can you go wrong. The unit fits perfectly into the square hole the Concertone is in and also has a remote. Google the unit for more info.

Nice to know we have an option!

Cheers and happy RVing

Pete
Petesapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #24
RV Nut

Oops forgot to add that an amplifier is needed for teh DVD/VCR unit.

Cheers
Petesapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #25

glad you like your puma
Old 09-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #26

We are considering buying a 2008 Sabre, 25RLS, it is our last chance to spend the kids inheritance. We like the floorplan, but have concerns about the freestanding dinette. Any opinions?
vnorthof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #27

Petesapie....just so you know..if you call palomino and ask them if your unit came with the Concertone and LCD Tv i'm willing to be they will tell you its standard in them. We have purchased 3 Palomino Fivers in the past couple of years..each one getting bigger..and everyone of them came with the standard Concertone and 19 inch LCD Tv.
We went to a campground in Florida that we go to every year and saw a Park Model Puma..stopped and talked to the new owners and they said theirs didnt come with a Tv.
We suggested they call Forest River or Palomino and talk to them. When they called they were told that the unit they purchased came standard with the Concertone and the 19 LCD Tv and they would ship one out to them over night express.
The next evening they had a New LCD Tv and were very happy with it and us for telling them they had been ripped off by the dealer.
Just a thought but you might want to contact them.
Tundra & Fawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #28

Very good quality, we have a new 2010 Puma 30thss side load toy hauler that we are very pleased with. Shopping numerous brands gets old and frustrating so when we finally got the chance to see a puma we made our decision on the spot.
If anyone is considering purchasing one we bought our at allseasons rv, Ask for Mark, 801 430 1921, the web site is [?]
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #29

We have a Palomino Gazelle G210 and love it. We have modified it quite a bit as we will soon be full-timing in it, our web site shows all we have done. We looked at a lot of brands before deciding on our unit and we have no regrets at all.

sonicsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #30

my 259rbss let me down last weekend at the texas nascar races, we had lots of rain and my wifes clothes got wet in the front bedroom closet. Where the front cap meets the roof there is a 1 inch rip in the sealent. the dealer will fix it under warrinty and look for other leaks,
El Dorado, Ks
dakotakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #31

well the dealer called today, he said the rubber roof was cut to short at the factory, they might have to put on a new one if forest river will let them.
El Dorado, Ks
dakotakid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino