Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #1

How's the quality of your Palamino?

Compared to the only TT I've had in the past (2000 Keystone Cougar) I have to say that The Puma is very good craftsmenship with all the standard equipment of all other brands. Just looking for other opinions.
Kilowattkid
Old 08-01-2007, 07:06 AM   #2

I don't know about the new stuff but my old 89 model hard-side pop-up was awesome! In fact the people I sold it to 5 years ago still have it. That's almost 20 years old and still holding together. If the new stuff is anything like my old one then it's probably good.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I had a Palomino MXL-RL hard side as well. Loved that little jewel.
Only issues I had were minor.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #4

We have owned ours since the middle of May. We have taken it out 4 times since then and have only found minor "usual" issues. Some drawers don't seem to be lined up straight, sawdust (already discusssed that!!), but for the most part, we have been very happy. The thing that sold ME (not necessarily my DH) on this 26rlss, was the pantry in the kitchen. I looked at every brand here in the Salt Lake Valley in Utah, and they were the only one with that. Also, the overhead cupboards in the slide out. Some had them over the dinette, some over the couch. Some over both, but NONE were the deep ones like my PUMA. I am also impressed with the lack of bouncing this trailer does (we owned a 1986 18' Road Ranger by Kit). I left a little alarm clock on the nightstand and it was in the same place when we arrived at the campground. In the 2008 model, they are putting the drawers under the dinette seats now. I love them. Sorry this is so long, but we are very happy with our trailer.
Wendy Robins
2008 puma 26rlss
Utah
wcrobins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrobins View Post
Sorry this is so long, but we are very happy with our trailer.
Wendy Robins
2008 puma 26rlss
Utah
No need to apologize.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #6
RAC

Love people who love their stuff so much they want to brag on it......makes for informative opinions to help others.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #7

Had a problem with our 06 Palomino but after a failed attempt by the FR to fix it right we ended up with an 07 and love it even more than we did our 06. FR and our dealer went to the mat on fixing our problems and for that reason alone we would buy another FR Palomino again.
Tundra & Fawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #8

What was the problem?
Wendy - 2008 26 rlss palomino
Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #9

The front cap was seperating from the sidewalls after it was returned to us for a delamination problem above the entry door that FR fixed. Seems that when and this is the only explanation the dealer could come up with is that the manufacturer uses Semi's to transport the units and it seems that the Frame may have twisted when delivered back to the dealership. This defect didnt show up right away. It showed up about 3 weeks after it was delivered back to us. I was away and when I came home went into the unit and the first thing I saw was the seams in the front where the cap and sidewalls meat had a gap in them on both sides about a 1/2 inch wide. Spoke to dealer about this and took the unit back to him and the rest is history.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #10

Gosh I hope I didnt scare anyone off. Our unit that we have now is Perfect as far as we are concerned. So far so Good@@
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #11

There hasn't been much traffic here, has there? Oh well. We are having too much fun camping this summer. But now summer is over, and only one trip left. Labor Day weekend, then I have to empty the trailer. Sure have loved it. Still haven't found anything I don't like about it. I think all summer long camping from Jackson Hole, Wy to Bryce Canyon, Ut I have only seen 2 other Pumas out there though.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #12

Hi newbie here.
We got our Puma 25krs this spring. Have had it out twice. Once for 12 wonderfull days. We traded in our 2000 pup for it. The Puma is like staying in the most expensive hotel there is. We have been very happy with it. The only thing I changed was the toilet paper holder was in the wrong place. I would recomend this camper to anyone.
hippie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #13

hippie57 Our first fiver was a Puma 245fbs and if it hadnt been for our two dogs and the fact we now go on longer trips and stay for weeks at a time while camping we would still own it. It was just a little to small for us for extended periods of time but it sure did have a lot of Closet space and storage in it that we do miss in our new unit.
Enjoy it and keep on Rving!!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:57 PM   #14

New poster here....
We have an '06 255RKS Puma by Palomino. We made an unplanned purchase when our old 5er broke an axle during a trip. Trading was was quicker than getting it repaired, and the dealership owner, who came out and helped us get our broken down rig into town, was such a nice guy that we couldn't say no when he "offered" us a new camper.

It's not as big nor "fancy" as we want, but it's been a nice camper for the price. We had a blowout in less than 500 miles and replaced all the tires. (The originals were smaller than what was called for by the factory, and how that happened I don't know.) Other than that we haven't had any problems in 18 months.
Don&Katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #15

I'm looking at the 39PTBSS. Anyone have thoughts on this unit?
Rweldy0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rweldy0324 View Post
I'm looking at the 39PTBSS. Anyone have thoughts on this unit?
I'm looking at the same unit, and I'm planning on towing it like a regular TT. How about you? BTW, Tom Raper in Richmond, Indian has some killer prices on that model.
Clevelandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #17

yep, I have a price from them and am working a deal locally. I plan to leave the unit at our campground on a permanent basis.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rweldy0324 View Post
yep, I have a price from them and am working a deal locally. I plan to leave the unit at our campground on a permanent basis.
Where's your local dealer?
Clevelandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #19

I'm looking at A dealer in Grand Rapids, MI and one in Schoolcraft, MI
Old 07-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #20

I have had my Puma 31BHSS since March 2008, and have had a few minor problems. My dealer had been terrible since i picked up my unit, so at least I have avoided the frustration of dealing with him and elected to fix the most of the problems on my own. here is the list to date
1) Outside bathroom door lock - no key - dealer gave me a new lock
2) Broken smoke detector - dropped during shipping? - new smoke detector
3) glue on table floor, curtain - scraped what I could off
4) outside compartment locks - key broke - replaced all locks
5) ground wire on slide too short - ripped out when slide fully extended - replaced ground wires to first connection
6) no privacy lock on bathroom door - replaced
7) water leak form pipes - tightened all tube connections where accessible
8) noisy water pump - yet to be fixed
9) static through speakers while watching DVD on Concertone system - no fix yet - happy it works at all based on other forums I have read
10) loose screws in various locations
11) bad caulking around doors and windows - so far only appearance wise

So yes a number of quality issues but nothing too seirous to ruin my first purchase. We still love the layout and features in the TT, and can't wait to go camping again! Looking back the only thing I would change is the extra insurance I purchased, it has been good peice of mind but really I think I could fix most of the items, even do a fridge replacement.

As for the dealer - he is the only one in the area, and by far the best prices versus comparable fllor plans. Saving $5k I am still way ahead.
JJMorrocco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino