Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #41

I have not received my 320 yet, so I do not have any mods to the existing model, but I think you should add a nose mirror to the front of the unit. My buddy has a Cougar and he swears by the mirror on the nose. Makes its much easier to hook. See if this will pull up.

up.http://cougar.keystonerv.com/media/6...4_ext_2013.jpg
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo View Post
I have not received my 320 yet, so I do not have any mods to the existing model, but I think you should add a nose mirror to the front of the unit. My buddy has a Cougar and he swears by the mirror on the nose. Makes its much easier to hook. See if this will pull up.

up.http://cougar.keystonerv.com/media/6...4_ext_2013.jpg
I wouldn't want this, as I do not think it's needed. I think it's one of those things that at first looks useful, but in reality, is not.
treaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #43
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorsAweigh View Post
I believe the power cord should run up under the RV into an access port and connect inside a compartment to vertical mounted plug. Much less strain on the cord, doesn't hang off the side where I'm likely to walk into it, and out of the rain. I don't know much about RVs but we like the 295RL and looking to make it our first RV
Times two!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #44
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Columbus uses a dual zone setting for multiple a/c.
I understand the dual zone Dometic controller in the hallway. For those with the 2nd AC in the bedroom, were is the temperature sensor for that 2nd AC unit?
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #45
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Ok, I'm looking for ideas . Floor plans , product improvement , options, must haves, and overall brain storming. Great changes can come from the smallest of ideas, so send em my way.
Columbus designed by campers.
Send to p m
The location of the spare tire. Some of us old portly folks have a hard time getting to the spare. Maybe put it on the rear bumper or under the front storage area not way under like it is now.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #46

I have a 385BH and only have one suggestion - bring back the 2-burner cooktop and put a sink in the outdoor kitchen. I can live without the sink, but am working on putting my own cooktop with propane plumbing for both that and my grill. Get rid of the microwave and put a TV hookup there.
Justducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #47
Now Camping Year-Round!!

I have never figured out why the outside kitchen on the 385BH is different from the one we are getting, the 325RL. The 325RL has it all, with the exception of the Weber BBQ. We already have our own Coleman Roadtrip which is on a stand with wheels like the Weber. I wouldn't trade the 2 burner stove and sink for anything.
For all the 385BH owners to be I second this.

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBcamping View Post
I have never figured out why the outside kitchen on the 385BH is different from the one we are getting, the 325RL. The 325RL has it all, with the exception of the Weber BBQ. We already have our own Coleman Roadtrip which is on a stand with wheels like the Weber. I wouldn't trade the 2 burner stove and sink for anything.
For all the 385BH owners to be I second this.
We also have a 385bh. It did not make sense to us as well why they did not put burners out there. Someone on another post mentioned that it has something to do with the bunks there, not sure though. We did not like the flimsy drop down bunk to the ground so we ordered without the outside kitchen and put another couch under the bunk. Now the kids have 2 couches in there.
joshluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #49

The sink on a 385 doesn't have a way to plumb into a grey tank. However this could be routed into the rear black tank as its a low use item (at least in my opinion).

I can't think of any reason that they would not run the propane to the rear for the burners. The 325 does this below a "living area".
Justducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #50
Site Team

the DW often says that most RV floorplans must not of have been designed by a woman.

if she had her dream 5th wheel, counterspace is #1 priority. second would be a rear kitchen floorplan or a front living room floorplan. she hates floorplans that force people to walk through the kitchen to sit down in the living room.

the 340RK nearly meets this. if the extending counter between the living room and the kitchen, was replaced by a rolling island and the tv was directly across from the theater or recliner seating, it would be close to perfect for her.

or a front living room model that had the theater seating across from the tv. too many of this type of floorplan have the tv in the nose, with 2 sofas at 90 degrees to the tv, forcing you to have to turn sideways to watch the tv.
and if the kitchen had a rolling island. this adds counterspace without taking up room along the walls.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #51

I would really like to see the Day/Night shades go away in favor of fabric roller shades. Many companies make a quality roller shade now, and they are highly preferable in my opinion.

If I had to restring one more day/night shade I will lose my mind!
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #52

Put some cedar in the bedroom closet, dark color for the night shade, a (2) recliner option instead of theater seating in the 340RK, add an outside lp connection for a gas grill, plumb the rear gray tank on the 340RK forward to the common dump line, drop frame on more models,(this adds more storage).
Fergie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

...the 340RK nearly meets this. if the extending counter between the living room and the kitchen, was replaced by a rolling island and the tv was directly across from the theater or recliner seating, it would be close to perfect for her.

or a front living room model that had the theater seating across from the tv. too many of this type of floorplan have the tv in the nose, with 2 sofas at 90 degrees to the tv, forcing you to have to turn sideways to watch the tv.
and if the kitchen had a rolling island. this adds counterspace without taking up room along the walls.
X2 again
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #54

Paint the front storage door the same color as the coach instead of a white door that stands out...
Match the lower side of the compartment doors the same color as the lines of the coach. Some pictures on the brochures have the lower section of the doors that match the lines other pictures on the WEB don't.
Toe Ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #55
MI Camperz

I think larger Rvs should have a cubby for a laptop this day and age. A fold up and down would conserve space.
I don't like roller shades...the spring mechanism always breaks, but it could be an option.
Built in surge protection would be a huge selling point. See the many threads about it.
As often as possible the Ent Center should face the seating....I laugh when I look at an RV that expects me to crane my neck 90 degrees to watch TV.
Not model specific, but no more toilet-only toilet rooms where the sink is in another area. I see many like this. Gross. One should be able to wash one's hands before touching the door knob to leave the room to get to the sink. Mine is like this and I had to install a sanitizer dispenser, but it burns my skin.
Self wash and wax exterior is a must! Us RV owners don't have time to be hand waxing. We want to enjoy nature. (LOL, JK)
Straighten out the Lippert dilemna. See the threads. Specifically, consumers buy the RVs from you. You choose the parts to put in it. STOP deferring to Lippert to decide if a frame failure is covered under YOUR warranty. No other industry is like this. Stand behind 100% of your product and stop hiding behind the suppliers. You are in the position with huge market share and economies of scale to demand better from your suppliers.
Thanks for asking!!!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #56

Just recieved my first fithwheel the 320rs 2014. DW and I couldn't be happerier. Getting ready to take out on first trip. One thing that hits me are the slide outs. You must go inside to press the buttons to open the slides. Onthe 320 rs this is a huge blind spot on the drivers side in the event of a forgotten power pole or low branch. I suggest a least two switches in the drivers basement or Santi-station where you can open/close the slides from out side and make sure your are missing that power pole or tree branch.
Also this would be really convient to do since I have to open the basement door anywhere to lower the legs.

Hope this helps.
txcolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #57

Remote control for slides and awning,
Mr.z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #58
Trailer Trash

Good rule of thumb is 5or 6 feet all the way around your RV. Use both of your arms outstretched as a way measure. You still want clearance with all slide out so you can walk around them when done.

So, if you walk to each slide, stretch out both arms, confirm nothing to hit, you are good to go. No need for switches on outside of RV. I'm more concerned with carpet/flooring and rubber seals getting beat up vs hitting something when I extend the slides. This is why I like the switches on the inside.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #59

I saw a front bike holder on an A line camper this weekend and thought it was the greatest idea!

My main wish for the 233S would probably be drawer space, maybe a built in cabinet next to fridge on the left with drawers? There is a hook up there for a tv but you could probably adjust that so that you could use it for a tv or for coffee maker, toaster, etc.

I also wish the soap/shampoo holders actually held something. Maybe have something with a bar to hold it in place?

Thank you for your request It's nice to be heard
Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #60

Thanks for the quick respons Mr. Z and Joelek. I also think switch should be inside as well. I had forgotten about remote control switches available now days. I also like Joelek's recommendation about arms streched out on all sides. I could even possibily get some kinks out after a long drive! LOL.

Thanks all.
txcolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote