Old 10-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #1

If considering a Solaire 317 BHSK...please read

All,

I am pasting this from another thread as it deserves attention if you're considering this unit.

I received a reply for the sales rep...he confirmed that not only is the grey water tank now 38 gallons instead of the advertised 76, but the fresh water tank is now 24 and not 32 as advertised. These bigger tanks were the biggest reason I settled on this unit!

This is complete, 100% bullsh*t. If I bought a car advertised as an 8 cyl and it turned out to be a 6 cyl...well, that'd never happen. Buy a 4 bedroom home, move in and it's only 3 bedrooms, again, would never happen. But in the world of RVs, this is acceptable and apparently normal behavior? Uh, I won't be standing for this. I will demand and raise hell to have this unit retrofitted with what I paid for or I'll return it for full refund.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #2

Kbosch74:
I'm considering a Forest River product and am curious as to what they did to correct the problem you reported in July - installed the advertised tanks or gave you a refund?
Jeff L.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #3

Jeff,

I didn't report this in July...I just found out this weekend (that was my join date for the forum). My sales rep is contacting FR and I'll see what their response is. I doubt it will be favorable, at which time I'll call them directly myself. I'll be sure to report any conclusions.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

The freshwater advertisement is a non-issue and is standard industry practice as far as I can tell (to include the water heater tank in the advertised amount).

The missing gray tank at half its size is a different issue. I understand in the other thread that there was some kind of building code violation with the second gray tank and that caused the change. It's covered under the generous "we can change anything at any time", but for dry campers- this is a huge change.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

It has been pointed out that the missing gray tank only previously served the outside kitchen. Nothing else in the camper fed into that.

It doesn't sound like your usability has changed drastically. But- I'm not on the receiving end of a discrepancy such as this.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbosch74 View Post
All,

I am pasting this from another thread as it deserves attention if you're considering this unit.

I received a reply for the sales rep...he confirmed that not only is the grey water tank now 38 gallons instead of the advertised 76, but the fresh water tank is now 24 and not 32 as advertised. These bigger tanks were the biggest reason I settled on this unit!

This is complete, 100% bullsh*t. If I bought a car advertised as an 8 cyl and it turned out to be a 6 cyl...well, that'd never happen. Buy a 4 bedroom home, move in and it's only 3 bedrooms, again, would never happen. But in the world of RVs, this is acceptable and apparently normal behavior? Uh, I won't be standing for this. I will demand and raise hell to have this unit retrofitted with what I paid for or I'll return it for full refund.
At the very least, maybe you can get a complementary portable tank. Its not the same but may help with dry camping. Best of luck to you.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It has been pointed out that the missing gray tank only previously served the outside kitchen. Nothing else in the camper fed into that.

It doesn't sound like your usability has changed drastically. But- I'm not on the receiving end of a discrepancy such as this.
I read that as well about the 2 nd tank only being for the outside side. Assuming that's true, it's still very misleading to advertise the TT as having 76 gallons of grey water, but leaving it up to the consumer to have any inkling of an idea that that (a) this is comprised of two separate tanks and (b) that they would serve different areas of the TT.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #8

Quote:
I read that as well about the 2 nd tank only being for the outside side. Assuming that's true, it's still very misleading to advertise the TT as having 76 gallons of grey water, but leaving it up to the consumer to have any inkling of an idea that that (a) this is comprised of two separate tanks and (b) that they would serve different areas of the TT.
Disagree. It's standard practice to split the grey water up into separate usage areas but quote only the total capacity.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
I disagree. I have 3 x 42gallon tanks. It would be silly for me to think that I had a single 126 gallon tank than everything flows into.

I'm sorry that you didn't understand it was 2 tanks- but that seems to be the normal.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #10

The interesting post is that their updated site still shows the higher capacity.

Nights camped: 2015 (4) as of 5/25 2014 (44) 2013 (26)
ProPride Review
Kash76 is offline   Reply With Quote