Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 40
If considering a Solaire 317 BHSK...please read

All,

I am pasting this from another thread as it deserves attention if you're considering this unit.

I received a reply for the sales rep...he confirmed that not only is the grey water tank now 38 gallons instead of the advertised 76, but the fresh water tank is now 24 and not 32 as advertised. These bigger tanks were the biggest reason I settled on this unit!

This is complete, 100% bullsh*t. If I bought a car advertised as an 8 cyl and it turned out to be a 6 cyl...well, that'd never happen. Buy a 4 bedroom home, move in and it's only 3 bedrooms, again, would never happen. But in the world of RVs, this is acceptable and apparently normal behavior? Uh, I won't be standing for this. I will demand and raise hell to have this unit retrofitted with what I paid for or I'll return it for full refund.
__________________

__________________
Kbosch74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Kbosch74:
I'm considering a Forest River product and am curious as to what they did to correct the problem you reported in July - installed the advertised tanks or gave you a refund?
Jeff L.
__________________

__________________
Jeff 1429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 40
Jeff,

I didn't report this in July...I just found out this weekend (that was my join date for the forum). My sales rep is contacting FR and I'll see what their response is. I doubt it will be favorable, at which time I'll call them directly myself. I'll be sure to report any conclusions.
__________________
Kbosch74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,736
The freshwater advertisement is a non-issue and is standard industry practice as far as I can tell (to include the water heater tank in the advertised amount).

The missing gray tank at half its size is a different issue. I understand in the other thread that there was some kind of building code violation with the second gray tank and that caused the change. It's covered under the generous "we can change anything at any time", but for dry campers- this is a huge change.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,736
It has been pointed out that the missing gray tank only previously served the outside kitchen. Nothing else in the camper fed into that.

It doesn't sound like your usability has changed drastically. But- I'm not on the receiving end of a discrepancy such as this.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbosch74 View Post
All,

I am pasting this from another thread as it deserves attention if you're considering this unit.

I received a reply for the sales rep...he confirmed that not only is the grey water tank now 38 gallons instead of the advertised 76, but the fresh water tank is now 24 and not 32 as advertised. These bigger tanks were the biggest reason I settled on this unit!

This is complete, 100% bullsh*t. If I bought a car advertised as an 8 cyl and it turned out to be a 6 cyl...well, that'd never happen. Buy a 4 bedroom home, move in and it's only 3 bedrooms, again, would never happen. But in the world of RVs, this is acceptable and apparently normal behavior? Uh, I won't be standing for this. I will demand and raise hell to have this unit retrofitted with what I paid for or I'll return it for full refund.
At the very least, maybe you can get a complementary portable tank. Its not the same but may help with dry camping. Best of luck to you.
__________________
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It has been pointed out that the missing gray tank only previously served the outside kitchen. Nothing else in the camper fed into that.

It doesn't sound like your usability has changed drastically. But- I'm not on the receiving end of a discrepancy such as this.
I read that as well about the 2 nd tank only being for the outside side. Assuming that's true, it's still very misleading to advertise the TT as having 76 gallons of grey water, but leaving it up to the consumer to have any inkling of an idea that that (a) this is comprised of two separate tanks and (b) that they would serve different areas of the TT.
__________________
Kbosch74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbosch74 View Post
I read that as well about the 2 nd tank only being for the outside side. Assuming that's true, it's still very misleading to advertise the TT as having 76 gallons of grey water, but leaving it up to the consumer to have any inkling of an idea that that (a) this is comprised of two separate tanks and (b) that they would serve different areas of the TT.
Disagree. It's standard practice to split the grey water up into separate usage areas but quote only the total capacity.
__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbosch74 View Post
I read that as well about the 2 nd tank only being for the outside side. Assuming that's true, it's still very misleading to advertise the TT as having 76 gallons of grey water, but leaving it up to the consumer to have any inkling of an idea that that (a) this is comprised of two separate tanks and (b) that they would serve different areas of the TT.
I disagree. I have 3 x 42gallon tanks. It would be silly for me to think that I had a single 126 gallon tank than everything flows into.

I'm sorry that you didn't understand it was 2 tanks- but that seems to be the normal.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Kash76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 134
The interesting post is that their updated site still shows the higher capacity.
__________________

__________________
2013 Palomino SolAire 317BHSK w/Eclipse package using a ProPride 3P Hitch
2013 Ford F-150 Ruby Red SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost w/Max Tow, e-lock, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires, & Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/Load Lifter
Campers: Me, DW, DD, DS
Nights camped: 2015 (4) as of 5/25 2014 (44) 2013 (26)
ProPride Review
Kash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.