Old 08-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #31
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

No charge for pdi.
Cheyenne camping center walcott Iowa.
X2 for my Dealer (Norman Campers in Atlanta, GA)!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #32
Fulltime family RVer

Thanks, Palomino Pal for the explanation. It sounded like another brand only checked a handful of campers at random. Or, at least that's what I got out of it. Maybe it was just a more thorough one or something. I don't know...

As for paying for the PDI. I have no idea if my dealer charges for it or not- I negotiated a bottom-line/out-the-door price. If I paid for a PDI, so be it. If I didn't, so be it. They gave me an extensive walk-through and we tested almost everything before signing papers.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #33

I question the QC process. My unit had the hot water heater wired wrong it took my dealer a few days and many discussions with FR headquarters as well the maker of the hot water unit only to discover the wires were connected wrong. The shower leaked like crazy the first time out. Didn't get noticed at walk through because it took a considerable amount of water to leak through the wall. This was discovered the first time out as well. Half way through the season my dinette in the slide pulled out of the wall and the floor collapsed. The unit was sent to the factory and they discovered the wall was not made correctly and was missing the metal support that was suppose to be there. My first year with the unit it was back to dealer after every trip for repairs. Factory reps were mildly responsive to fixing unit but no compensation for trips to dealer, road mileage on the trailer tires and unit to and from my home (east coast) to factory. Dealer and factory reps initially made me feel like I was bothering them. Dealer did little to instill confidence in FR rather talked about how poor the units were made and said its to be expected in the industry. They were not a glowing endorsement for FR. I don't know about others but for the price of the units I would hope things would be wired and made correctly. I had a used Jayco or 4 years and not a single issue. I love the layout of new trailer but he jury is still out on FR products. I'll see what the next few years bring. Here's to hoping! On a separate but related issue I had a problem with my Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch. Blue Ox reps were awesome with addressing the issue and went above and beyond working with me to make sure I was happy. No red tape no excuses just service they you expect. I had only used Reese products prior but now I'm a huge fan of Blue Ox. Shows what good service can do.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #34

Interesting. The warranty manager at fr told me when I was going through hell that they would reimburse us for any camping trip we may miss because of our problems. My dealer can go to hell, but forest river stood behind there product and made things right. The service manager and warranty manager were great stand up guys and took care of us!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #35
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsplace View Post
I question the QC process. My unit had the hot water heater wired wrong it took my dealer a few days and many discussions with FR headquarters as well the maker of the hot water unit only to discover the wires were connected wrong. The shower leaked like crazy the first time out. Didn't get noticed at walk through because it took a considerable amount of water to leak through the wall. This was discovered the first time out as well. Half way through the season my dinette in the slide pulled out of the wall and the floor collapsed. The unit was sent to the factory and they discovered the wall was not made correctly and was missing the metal support that was suppose to be there. My first year with the unit it was back to dealer after every trip for repairs. Factory reps were mildly responsive to fixing unit but no compensation for trips to dealer, road mileage on the trailer tires and unit to and from my home (east coast) to factory. Dealer and factory reps initially made me feel like I was bothering them. Dealer did little to instill confidence in FR rather talked about how poor the units were made and said its to be expected in the industry. They were not a glowing endorsement for FR. I don't know about others but for the price of the units I would hope things would be wired and made correctly. I had a used Jayco or 4 years and not a single issue. I love the layout of new trailer but he jury is still out on FR products. I'll see what the next few years bring. Here's to hoping! On a separate but related issue I had a problem with my Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch. Blue Ox reps were awesome with addressing the issue and went above and beyond working with me to make sure I was happy. No red tape no excuses just service they you expect. I had only used Reese products prior but now I'm a huge fan of Blue Ox. Shows what good service can do.

What is the year, model and VIN number of your unit?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #36

Antler man - don't get me wrong FR fixed everything but I went through a heck of a time. I purchased the trailer in January picked it up in May and it was one thing after another. Finally shipped back to the factory in October and in April I was informed by the dealer that the trailer was back on their lot. FR extended the warranty 6 months from purchase date so it was covered till July which in New York due to weather really only gave us one trip this year to test the trailer. The list of repairs on my unit is long and I even explored the lemon law but RVs are not coved under the law in NYS. It really wasn't until I involved the president of the dealership and he started corresponding with FR that things started to move. Gene Cronin of FR was fantastic and very responsive once the president of dealership was involved. However given my problems I never should have had to involve the president of the dealership. It was just a very frustrating year last year 8-10 round trips back and forth from dealership to home and ending the season with the added wear and tear on the unit of the round trip to the factory. Not an experience one would expect if a business had quality QC which is why I posted on this thread about QC or lack of. My unit had enough problems without the hot water heater being wired wrong, the slide wall mixing a support, the outdoor kitchen door with the seal about 10 inches to short causing a leak, and shower leak all of which were issues that should have been caught before leaving the factory after it was built - certainly QC issues. Also regarding QC I thought the comments from dealer were interesting when the service manager said its to be expected in the industry.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #37

Palomino Pal - it is a 2011 Palomino Throughbred T-829 QBS-K. Why would you need the VIN? I'm not sure I feel comfortable posting the VIN on this forum. I would be happy to provide you with the number given to me when shipped to the factory on this forum. I also have a list of repairs from all my visits last summer from the dealership which I requested when the unit was returned to me which I could email you or get you the VIN some other way if it would matter.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #38
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsplace View Post
Palomino Pal - it is a 2011 Palomino Throughbred T-829 QBS-K. Why would you need the VIN? I'm not sure I feel comfortable posting the VIN on this forum. I would be happy to provide you with the number given to me when shipped to the factory on this forum. I also have a list of repairs from all my visits last summer from the dealership which I requested when the unit was returned to me which I could email you or get you the VIN some other way if it would matter.
Send it via a PM (even us moderators can't see them).