Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
Oklahoma Proud
I looked the 385 up on the columbus web site a few weeks ago and that would be my choice. They look SWEEEEEET. I bet you are so excited and will love it!

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
To answer your question about slide toppers I've had campers with them and without. I personally prefer to have them it keeps leaves and stuff off the slide out and prevents the wet dirt from splashing up on the ceiling when the slides come in. We order our 320RS with the slide toppers.

ZanMan4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
Congrats!! We're on the fence right now between a Sabre 36QBOK or the Columbus 385BH. Let us know what you think of it once you take delivery!
Fire931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #14
Congrats you will love the floor plan. I have the sandpiper 365 saq and love it. I have always ordered my units with slide toppers. You can always have them added later. They keep a lot of junk out of the unit.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
Originally Posted by Fire931
Congrats!! We're on the fence right now between a Sabre 36QBOK or the Columbus 385BH. Let us know what you think of it once you take delivery!
We were fortunate to look at both on the same day. Was nice to compare the two. We liked the bunk room wardrobe in the sabre. The 5th slide in the columbus is really nice, opens the main area right up. My wife was not crazy about the bunk room in the Columbus because of the bunk on the outside kitchen. Real Mickey Mouse, but she loved the furniture in it and the layout. I was on many websites that night and stumbled on a Columbus 385 bh without the outside kitchen. Had 2 couches in the bunk room and no flimsy bottom bunk. Looked real nice. The kids won't fight over the one couch in the bunk room now because there is 2. We decided to order it without the outside kitchen because in our eyes it real is not an outside kitchen. No burners or BBQ. Just a fridge and a microwave. If it had the burner and or the BBQ ice would have ordered the outside kitchen. Now we have a full bunk room for the kids with 2 couches and a real nice layout with the extra slide.
joshluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
Now Camping Year-Round!!
Congrats on the new rig!! That is one nice long trailer. I have not seen in this model, only saw it in pics. Looks great!! Enjoy.
Cathy & Fraser, Ontario, Canada

2009 Wildcat 29RLBS (2008-2013 traded in on Columbus)
2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS (Bought brand new in Spring 2015-?)
2013 COLUMBUS 325RL (2013-? Currently parked in Florida)
2011 Ford Super Duty Diesel King Ranch
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
I would recomend the slide toppers. and recomend ordering them as an option. We added them on after the order and I think we saved about $400 over having them installed at the dealer after arrival.

I also recommned rolling them up clean and dry if possible. We spent this past weekend trying to clean up the stains. Not an easy job!

Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
Nights Camped: 2015-140; 2016-137 YTD; 160 Planned
SimchaSabre is online now   Reply With Quote