Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #21

Tigerbug, sorry for the delayed response. We just got back today from Cave Run. We stay in the Twin Knobs CG. It's a Forestry Svc CG run by 1000 Trails. The restrooms/showers are nice & clean. They have 50 amp elec, central water fill spots for every 4-5 sites & no sewer on site. Most nice water sites are none elec. They have CG loops A thru J & most have multi loops within the letter. Most sites are wooded with decent space & trees between sites. They have a beach, a place for boat trailer storage & a boat ramp. I have not been to Carter Caves. Jenny Wiley state park is decent.
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #22

Columbus

We bought a gently used 370F Columbus in June of this year. The unit was made in March and bought in May by the previous owners who then traded it in on a motorhome. My wife and I fell in love with the unit and we are in it full time. So far no issues (knock wood). Only thing is the AC's run a lot but we are in South Louisiana so that has a lot to do with it. Like I said we really like the unit and will be in it for a while.
DHayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:05 AM   #23
Swift2

We found a real nice bronze motion light that we hung up on the end of the kitchen cabinet at the entryway and it makes it much safer. I think it was only $12.95 we bought it from Harriet Carter on the Internet.
Swift 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #24

From what I have read here and in other forums workmanship seems to be a major problem with many RVs. Not only Columbus but almost all brands. I put that on management. You can not inspect quality into a RV. You can not expect a dealer to finish work that should have done correctly at the factory in the first place. 0 defects should be the MAIN OBJECTIVE by management before a unit leaves the factory. Out of all the issues I had with our new Sabre none were with components all were workmanship. Stripped screws, missing parts, parts installed incorrectly, backwards ect. I can go on and on. A Dometic stove doesn't know if it's going into a $10,000 RV or a $100,000 RV. American car companies were building junk back to in the 60s. Because of competition from the Japanese automakers they were forced to change their procedures and their QUALITY of workmanship. Until management insist on quality workmanship it will never happen. The people on the line will do whats expected of them and not much more. MANAGEMENT has to stress good workmanship ( Good enough.....is NEVER good enough) or it ain't gonna happen. My opinion.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbus