Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #1

king pin adjustment

I have a 2014 Puma 230 FBS. I was wondering if anyone knew what the actual overall height adjustment is for every hole on the king pin, both at the pin itself and where the landing gear is??
mikier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Pirate Todd and Wench

The kingpin box is adjustable to your vehicle height, it all depends on what you have and how you normally load your rig, set it and forget it. The landing gear holes are for terrain adjustment, and so you don't have to try and lower all the way to the ground with the winch. I leave around 5" or so of the gear lowered all the time and drop the last 8 to 10 inches when I set up so I have tilt forward room when the TV is disconnected.
-Equilzer 1200lb hitch
mrtodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The mounting holes on the pin box are on 1" centers...you should be able to move the pin box up or down one set of holes from the factory setting, which seems to be the 2nd set from the bottom-most position from what I've seen.

The landing gear are about 1" center to adjust as mentioned above.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #4

I might not have been clear. I'm not looking for the distance from hole to hole BUT the distance difference at the pin and at the landing gear area for each hole adjustment on the king pin
Thanks
2003 Four Winns 245 Sundowner
mikier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
Pirate Todd and Wench

I' still not sure I'm getting it, but there is no set calculation I know of for what your looking for.
But let me try again! lol The pin box is adjusted only for the level ride of the rig behind the TV.
The landing gears height should always be the same, as the rig needs to ride leveled from fore and aft. That said the two are completely separate systems with neither effecting the other for operational purposes. If you do need to know though move your pin bow one hole and measure it's distance to ground, that change in elevation divided by the distance to the axle centers will give you a per foot change. Now measure the distance from pin box center to landing gear and multiply by the number of feet.
if this isn't what you wanted I'm stumped! lol
Good luck.
-Equilzer 1200lb hitch
mrtodds is offline   Reply With Quote