Old 06-20-2016, 07:22 PM   #1

Lippert 3.0 6 point Electric Level system

My Columbus 320RS came with the Lippert 3.0 Auto level system. Electric not Hydraulic. Saturday after I dropped the unit from the truck the system went to H$%^! The front landing gear will not go up or down but I do hear the motors turn. When I open the LP tank door I can see the motor shaft and Leg gear shaft turn when I hit the switch to raise or lower. The right rear most jack dropped to the ground without pulling the pin. The Left rear jack and the middle two will not go up or down when in manual or automatic mode. When I press the auto level button on the control I hear motors running, see the display say Grounding front jacks and it just runs and runs and runs (3 minutes) and the jacks will not raise or lower.

I tried resetting the control and erasing the right rear jack error but that did not help. It reset ( I could hear it click) but the jacks still do not go up and down. How could all six jacks fail at the same time but differently?

This unit has been nothing but a pain in the ***** since I bought it! The dealer where I bought it wants $325 up front for travel charge and one hour labor. I bought the extended warranty but they say warranty may not cover it.

Any help appreciated!

Old 06-20-2016, 07:36 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You just sheared a pin in the landing gear.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Old 06-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
You just sheared a pin in the landing gear.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
If it were just one jack I could see that. But all six? All jacks have their own electric motor.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #4

Try callin Lippert and talk to the tech support. They may have a idea or will send a repairman if it's still under warranty. My 6pt 3.0 Ground control went into error mode last Thursday at the lake. I did get it leveled by pushing buttons manually.. The camper went to the dealer today for that and some other warranty issues.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
Try callin Lippert and talk to the tech support. They may have a idea or will send a repairman if it's still under warranty. My 6pt 3.0 Ground control went into error mode last Thursday at the lake. I did get it leveled by pushing buttons manually.. The camper went to the dealer today for that and some other warranty issues.
The Dealer Technician called Lippert support. Lippert told the dealer if the motors are spinning and the jacks are not going up or down then the pins are sheared but they cannot believe more than two of them sheared. Lippert also told the Technician they have had no more than a couple units with just one sheared pin and to let them know what we find out. The main brain and the wired control panel were all replaced 7 weeks after we bought it in 2014. Not a lot of faith in their leveling system.

Lippert also said that if the leg drops out when unit is raised then the pin is sheared. I will have to try to find/rig up a way to raise the unit to see if the legs drop or not. I have a 12 ton bottle jack but not sure where to place it without doing damage.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:52 PM   #6

I had a similar problem. On my initial outing set up when without a problem but when I attempted to lift the landing gear so hat I could hook up to my TV, the gear would not raise. I could both see and hear the electric motors turning but noting happened. I had to use wooden blocks and a hydraulic bottle jar to raise the front end. Took the RV back to where I bought it. Seams that the gears in the landing gear jack were stripped. Took a month to have it repaired under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #7

UPDATE: Four of the six landing gear had sheared pins. I bought four bottle jacks and manually leveled the unit and removed the two front landing jacks and the rear two leveling jacks. I took them to a RV repair shop to be repaired. Indeed, all four had sheared pins. The repair shop owner could not believe all four went out at the same time. $220 later I have a working auto level system again. I now carry two hydraulic bottle jacks and two shear pins.

Tags
electric