Old 06-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #1

Looking at 340RK

Wondering if anyone has a 340RK and can tell me how it's been. We are looking at buying and really like the floor plan. By reading the forums it looks like they have great support from the manufacturer.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #2

Jeb182,

We took delivery of ours in March. We love the floor plan and the open feeling. Other than the same issues that everyone else has been dealing with we love it.
It's nice when the kids are here and this crazy weather goes south on us, we can all be inside and not stepping on each other.
Lots of good people and info here to help you along the way.

Good luck.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #3

We've had our 340RK for 4 weeks now and like you we really like the floor plan. The functional aspect of this layout is great. Everyone we show is impressed. What they don't understand is all the little quality issues. This is our first camper so I don't have a reference point but it doesn't seem like it would take much more effort to solve these quality issues. If they could get the build quality up this would be a home run. Would I buy it again? Yes. Would I spend a lot more time on a PDI? Absolutely.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #4

ssharry,
I agree. For $60+k you would think there wouldn't be as many nagging issues. I know its all about the money and they have to crank them out, but if the attention to detail had taken care of the problems they would blow all the other guys out of the water.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #5

Thanks for the replays. We are really looking forward to getting a 5th wheel on order soon if we can't find one that we want on the lot. However, we are taking our time and will get all that we want. The bad thing is we just sold our travel trailer and now we're without a camper all summer. There goes all of our plans for a few months.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #6

Are the Columbus and Sabre built at the same plant? There seems to be a lot of build quality issues with the Columbus that I'm not seeing in my Sabre. Not trying to start something, just wondering.

-BC-

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post
Are the Columbus and Sabre built at the same plant? There seems to be a lot of build quality issues with the Columbus that I'm not seeing in my Sabre. Not trying to start something, just wondering.

-BC-
different....sabre goshen ....Columbus middleburry
Old 06-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post

-BC-
Nope, the Columbus are built in Middlebury, and the Sabre is built in Goshen.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #9

This is our first season with the 340 RK. We like the unit. sometimes it's just the wife and I and then we may have the grandson and his dad and my other son. We also let my son and his family borrow it. The only thing I have changed is the middle island. I made it so we could roll it in when there are more of us to create a REALLY open floor plan. Some have discussed the viewing of the TV from the theater seats being a pain, but we really don't spend that much time sitting inside watching TV. The only issue I may have the dealer look at at the end of the season is the door fit. It looks like the factory hyper extended the lower hinge in order to get a somewhat proper fit.

Paul

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #10

340RK Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
This is our first season with the 340 RK. We like the unit. sometimes it's just the wife and I and then we may have the grandson and his dad and my other son. We also let my son and his family borrow it. The only thing I have changed is the middle island. I made it so we could roll it in when there are more of us to create a REALLY open floor plan. Some have discussed the viewing of the TV from the theater seats being a pain, but we really don't spend that much time sitting inside watching TV. The only issue I may have the dealer look at at the end of the season is the door fit. It looks like the factory hyper extended the lower hinge in order to get a somewhat proper fit.

Paul
Paul M, I like the idea of making the middle island able to roll in. What did you do to accomplish that?