Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #1

Looking for Thoroughbred 829rl Wiring diagram and any other useful documentation

Good day all!

I recently acquired a 2007 Palomino Thoroughbred 829rl , and I want to figure out what I have.

I looked through a few searchs, and found a lot of dead links to wiring schematics, so here I am asking if anyone has a one laying around?

- For starters, I am looking for a wiring diagram for the TV and entertainment.
o I have a genesis 3.0, and from what I can see it says it has HDMI , but no were do I see a port for it.
o Am I missing something?

- Are there any channels in the RV that would allow me to run Cat 5? Or am I fishing the hardway?

- Where can I find the spec sheet in the trailer, is the one on the outside the only one?

Really, any kind of “extra” information would be cool too know. Its my first RV,
menglor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #2

First, welcome.
There is no such a thing as wiring, plumbing or any other diagrams available in the RV industry.
In that age of RV it is most likely your coax cabling is not up to snuff for modern equipment. So it is quite likely you will have to rewire it yourself.
Spec sheets? Again not likely. Your best bet is to write down make,model, and serial numbers of each appliance and then do a web search for each item and download their manuals.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:11 AM   #3

thanks!

reason I asked is while outside were the water connects, I found a "telephone Jack", "Satellite" and "TV" hookup, but other then in the bedroom, I have not seen Sat, Tel connections. so I was wondering where they went
Old 09-20-2016, 08:12 AM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

here is a link to the Genesis gt 3.0 manual. Hope it helps you out. BTW My Gt 3.0 HDMI connector was found behind the unit, it is a small black box with a cable attached to it and is HDMI out only to the TV not bidirectional.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...11.26.2011.pdf

As to a spec sheet for the unit, they may be one in the bathroom on the back of the medicine cabinet mirror if you have one. That is where mine is / was on my current and previous units.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #5

The phone jack will be a basic 5 wire. The sat/cable will also be a basic no frils coax with likely a splitter to feed the BR and LR TV locations. Not suitable for modern sat equipment. Splitters will likely be barried in the walls somewhere.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:50 AM   #6

so one of my problems, is I dont know were any of the jacks are.

as mentioned previously, I found a TV, SAT and telephone on the outside of the unit and since they are near the supply lines, I assume those are feeds.

but:
- where are the other telephone jacks?
- were are the other Satelite jacks?
- were are the other Cable jacks. (seen only one in the Bed Room)

I see the media center Genesis 3.0 which is a DVD player, and the manual says it has HDMI, but I dont see a hdmi connector anywhere.

I dont see a cable or satelite jack anywhere near the TV.

I understand that every model seems to be different, so asking specific questions is going to be a challenge.

i havent looked , but are there any service panels for the trailer?

Tags
diagram, wiring