Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2015, 11:27 AM   #1

Maiden voyage

Finally! After having this on the side of the house for four months, we have taken it to our lot on the dry side of the mountains. Towed great with the goose box set up from Reese, no clunking, no fifth wheel hitch to remove, just more convenient. Trucked towed this very nice especially up and over Stevens Pass with hardly a strain, except trying to keep the speed down to 55 mph. Going down hill with the tow haul mode keep me at a safe speed with out keeping foot on brake. This was the most comfortable I have ever been towing with any of our other combinations of trailers and trucks. I used to white knuckle the journey over every other time we went. Maybe time finally caught up with experience. I hit about 8 mpg by the time we made it to the top of the pass and eventually got it back up to about 12 by the time we made it the lot. That's going through a few city's, and up a couple more good hills. All in all love this combination of truck and trailer. On to the trailer it self. After being in out of it, loading our stuff back in slowly, showing it off, we got used to how a lot of it works, and checked almost everything else out. Did a few modifications to suit our needs, just minor things like adding shelves, 2nd battery, inverter, and solar charger. We were off. So far I am pleased that everything seems to work. Couldn't figure out how the oven worked, and didn't have any instructions in the trailer. I have since read up on how to lite it for the next time. I have a few more things to do to set up the lot, but so far it was great to get a way from home and work for a couple of days. Trailer was nice and comfortable, and with all the slides, felt very roomy. Cant wait till next weekend.
2018 XLR Boost 27QRB
dustym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #2

Well show us some pictures when you get there. Hope you have a great time. We doing our first one of the year next weekend.

TT-2015 Salem 27RKSS
TV-2013 Toyota Tundra
Days Camping
'14-7
'15-28
Tank99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustym View Post
Finally!
Not sure how long you had to wait for the first trip out but I know the feeling! I had a disconnect feeling to my TT because of the long delay in getting out & using it.

Are you still on the trip? Where did you head to? How are things going? When is the next trip?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #4

Leavin Chi town for Fla next Saturday. Can't wait. Should I summarize before I leave cause we're expecting a little snow and I'm not sure how cold it can get before problems with pluming
markoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #5

Wow Iam having problems this am. lol, didn't know all the responses while I was trying to get this typed out. Sorry forgot the camera last trip but plan on it next weekend.
2018 XLR Boost 27QRB
Old 03-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #6

Day we brought it home.
2018 XLR Boost 27QRB
Old 03-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #7
Site Team

Nice setup! I like the truck color with the 5er. Judging from the pic date stamp that's a pretty long wait to get out camping - glad it finally happened.

I usually just use my camera phone to take pictures while camping.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #8

Great looking combo. Glad you were able to get camping.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote