Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #1

Manual Slide Operation

I have a 2013 Palomino Solaire 201SS. I'm interested in finding out where the manual slide nut is located. The slide in this RV contains a six foot sofa. In looking underneath the sofa from the side I can see the "Track" in which the slide out operates and what appears to be an inclosed motor up against the exterior sidewall of the trailer. I have not been able to see anything like a bolt or nut to turn in order to retract the slide out. If the bolt is only reachable from the front of the sofa it appears that I would have to dismantle the front of the sofa to gain access to it. I have also looked along the exterior of the slide, around and underneath it and have not found a manual nut to turn. Any assistance I can get would be greatly appreicated.

Steveinthehills
Steveinthehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #2

Not sure about your unit, but on my TT the manual slide nut is outside on the passenger side (slide is on drivers side). There is a hole in the side that a wrench or speed-handle fits in to crank the slide in or out. Hopefully someone that has your unit will help.
2013 F-150 4x4 EB
vstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #3

Have a look under your entry steps, could be there???
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We had a TT with a sofa slide and the drive was under the sofa. Yours is an 'above the floor slide' and I believe the drive will be inside under the slide floor. There was a stub out of the gearbox that the manual crank fit onto. Ours was easily accessed from the front of the sofa.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveinthehills View Post
In looking underneath the sofa from the side I can see the "Track" in which the slide out operates and what appears to be an inclosed motor up against the exterior sidewall of the trailer. I have not been able to see anything like a bolt or nut to turn in order to retract the slide out.
Any chance you can show a picture of this track? Or even the underside of the slide?

From the outside of the camper, does it look something like this:

?
Old 02-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Doug...I looked up this camper on line...it's an 'above the floor', non-Schwintek slide.

2014 Palomino Solaire 201SS Ultra Lite - Country Roads RV Center - Discount North Carolina RV Dealer for Puma, Surveyor, Sandpiper, Sabre, r-pod, Coachmen, Brookstone, Blue Ridge, Forest River Dealer, NC RV Dealer

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #7

I looked it up, and your Solaire has almost the same floorplan as my 25' Surveyor, so I'm betting the slideout is the same. On mine, you have to remove the front panel on the right side of the couch (as you face the couch). I think it's four screws. The manual override is under there, at least on mine. You can turn it with the same tool used for the stabilizer jacks.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #8
Always Learning

Thanks, Dave - didn't even think to look at pictures online.

mjones12 is likely on the right track.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #9

Dave: I live about 20 miles from Country Roads and bought my two Surveyors there. Pretty good website, I think. I've looked at the Solaires they sell, and they seem to be really close cousins with the Surveyors.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Have a look under your entry steps, could be there???

Thanks for the reply, Nothing under the entry steps, I believe the bolt is under the sofa inside of the trailer.
Steve
Old 02-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
I looked it up, and your Solaire has almost the same floorplan as my 25' Surveyor, so I'm betting the slideout is the same. On mine, you have to remove the front panel on the right side of the couch (as you face the couch). I think it's four screws. The manual override is under there, at least on mine. You can turn it with the same tool used for the stabilizer jacks.

Thank you for the reply. I believe you are correct with the location. I will take a look this weekend. Steve
Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrom View Post
Not sure about your unit, but on my TT the manual slide nut is outside on the passenger side (slide is on drivers side). There is a hole in the side that a wrench or speed-handle fits in to crank the slide in or out. Hopefully someone that has your unit will help.

Thanks for your reply, safe travels, Steve
Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
We had a TT with a sofa slide and the drive was under the sofa. Yours is an 'above the floor slide' and I believe the drive will be inside under the slide floor. There was a stub out of the gearbox that the manual crank fit onto. Ours was easily accessed from the front of the sofa.

Dave

Thanks for your reply Dave. I think the drive is under the sofa. I will take a better look this weekend. Steve
Old 02-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Any chance you can show a picture of this track? Or even the underside of the slide?

From the outside of the camper, does it look something like this:

?

Thank you for your reply. My slide is different than yours when extended. I believe the manual nut is in the interior of the trailer under the sofa. Steve

Tags
manual, slide