Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #21
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
As for someone stealing you battery(ies), all you have to do is plug in you tow vehicle to have power to the awning.
True. However, I was just using that scenario to set up my original question: If the awning itself didn't malfunction, why do I need a trip to a repair shop before redeploying the awning? Why can't it be pulled out by the strap and the locking screw replaced? (No answer to this question yet.)

Wright
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoul8r
I have a 2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS with a Dometic power awning (model 9100 I think). I don't have an instruction manual and am wondering what the knurled knobs on the rafters are for after the awning is extended. I think they are to pitch the awning if needed. Do these knobs need to be tightened (even if I don't pitch the awning) when extending or retracting it or are they to be loose? Also, what's the procedure to retract the awning in case of a power failure?
I was shown to keep knobs tightenened in both extened or retracted position. Keeps awning from jerking in puffs of wind w/o tie down poles, and secure when stowed. Only reason I can see for factory support after manual retract- You'd be very lucky to realign that bolt hole. No way it will rereave to same position
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning