Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #1

Mattress too tight between closets

2011 SABRE SILHOUETTE model 260BHS - the mattress is such a tight fit (between "his & hers" closets) on each side, that it is very hard to make up the bed. The factory comforter won't even stuff down the side of the closets and must be bunched up on top of the bed. It is such a problem for my wife, that I think I might have to do something. I am looking for a quick fix that I haven't thought of. I tend to over-engineer everything! If there is no easy solution, the problem area for any change will be where the overhead shelf meets the closets on each side. I could never match a spacer to the wood color and pattern, so maybe I could add a black, white, or brown spacer (about and inch thick on left and right sides).
Old 04-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Sometimes you just have to suck it up-------------

Mine is the same way and it takes both of us HRH ( her royal highness) to make the bed up. First you have to slide the mattress down away from the head board as much as you can, pick up one side of the mattress at a time to tuck the sheet under. Trying to change sheets almost starts WW III around our camper. But in the end it is manageable. Just try what I have suggested. When you are finished (making up the bed) slide the mattress back against the head board. It will work, I know for we do it this way every time.

And by the way, the factory comforter was the first thing to go!!!!!!! DUH, cheap!
In the summer we use a light summer cotton blanket that we put on the bed right up to the his & hers closet, then fold it back down. In the winter we use a blanket on the bed the same way, only up to the closets.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #3

Thanks

Thanks, Sid. I will give it another shot just like you do it, and see if it will work better for us before resorting to modifying things.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

another thing you might want to consider is peel and stick tiles UNDER the bed. It will allow it to slide easier.

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #5

After making up the bed in our PUP, I will take anything. I used to have to go outside, reach in, tuck in the corners of the fitted sheet, etc. I figured it was easier doing that than putting up the braces. Now with our Puma, I take off the factory comforter when we get to the CG and stow it. We then use a blanket on top while camping...I put the comforter back on after I change out the sheets. Ours also have to put tucked in at the headboard area between the cabinets. One trip I noticed the area at the end, was getting narrower, thought I was gaining weight, then figured out the mattress had moved.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote