Old 07-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
Mice in camper

Between every trip we end up with mice any ideas

joncraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
Plenty of suggestions in prior threads in this forum. Do a search on key words.

Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
Where are they, living part of the camper, storage bays? You've got to find the point/points of entry. Are you leaving any food out? Like Still Kickin said, do a search because there are plenty of threads about mice.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
We just had two mice in our 5'er. I set out 4 traps. Caught one. The wife found the other one at the bottom of the recycle can. It apparently got in there and couldn't get out. 1st time for mice in 5 years. I crawled under the 5'er to look for openings and really couldn't see any, but did spray some foam sealant around a couple spots just in case. I used those black plastic traps that you squeeze one end to open. Dab of peanut butter in it.
goduc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
Fresh Cab seems to be the most recommended solution: Earth Kind FC6 Fresh Cab Mouse Pouch, 4-Pk.: Industrial & Scientific

Look for sources of food and get them away from the camper - like tree nuts and bird food.
I like the Victor sonic pest chaser but the thing to remember is that it will not go through walls so it would need one per room. I have one under the sink on an extension of the winter.
Last year we have a black snake move into the trailer - That seemed to keep the mouse population at 0, but DWs first words were "let's trade it in!". (never saw the snake, just the skin.. ewwwwewewew!)
2011 PrimeTime Tracer 2600rls
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500, 6.0L 4.10:1 axle ratio
Nights camping 2014 - 17
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Old Ram Guy
I have used mothballs in a baby sock and it has worked for me for years. I simply buy a bag of those small mothballs (sometimes you can find them in individual packets and wont need the socks), put a few inside a baby sock and tie the end. Then I stick them into every compartment in the camper including the refrigerator vents and the hot water heater compartment. I don't put them inside the camper except when I winterize it. I have never had a mouse, rodent or varmint of any kind inside any camper I ever owned doing this. You seldom notice any smell from the mothballs inside the camper but the compartments will reek for a few minutes when you initially open them. If you hate the smell of mothballs then this wont work for you, but the smell is much better than finding a snake in your cabinet or shower. Of course, as previously mentioned sealing any access with silicone caulk is the first step to prevention.
Marty, Jenice and DD
Avenger61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
Downy dryer sheets. Smells good and mice hate the order. Peppermint oil on cotton balls works too.
seahawk986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
Site Team
Peppermint oil, but must be the essential oil ( not food grade ). Place cotton balls in class ash trays or old coffee mugs as the oil will damage wood and other surfaces. This also keeps out spiders.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote