Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #1

mounting area for bedroom tv -34TBOK

Have new 2013 34TBOK. Connections for bedroom tv are in ceiling above the window, trying to mount flat screen tv, but cannot find anything solid for the mounting bracket to attach. Dealership and manufacturer not much help. They just say there is a plate, off center of the window that allows for 1" of adjustment. We cannot find that mounting plate. Drilled several small holes searching. Aluminum frame so stud finder does not work. Any ideas?
shortstack1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum!

Send a PM to 'SabreSam' to help you identify the location of the backing board. He's the Sabre manufacturing rep that participates on the forum.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack1230 View Post
Have new 2013 34TBOK. Connections for bedroom tv are in ceiling above the window, trying to mount flat screen tv, but cannot find anything solid for the mounting bracket to attach. Dealership and manufacturer not much help. They just say there is a plate, off center of the window that allows for 1" of adjustment. We cannot find that mounting plate. Drilled several small holes searching. Aluminum frame so stud finder does not work. Any ideas?
Look in the Palomino tab in the forum under the subject line SabreSam...there is a detailed description (pics) from him on where to mount the plate...

Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #4

A big help!

Found the pics. Also SabreSam was a big help. We found the mounting plate. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Found the pics. Also SabreSam was a big help. We found the mounting plate. Thanks everyone!
So, instead of me searching that thread, allow me to be lazy and share your findings. Just got home from picking our 34TBOK up and want to move the bh tv to the master bedroom.
Truth is, we don't watch much TV at home and only have one. No cable, no dish. 40" in the living room and a 22" in the mb, we won't know what to do with ourselves. I do however, like to bring my projector and screen along during football season. Not a big fan, but something about watching a game by fire, while enjoying a nice beverage and piece if meat!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #6

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
So, instead of me searching that thread, allow me to be lazy and share your findings. Just got home from picking our 34TBOK up and want to move the bh tv to the master bedroom.
Truth is, we don't watch much TV at home and only have one. No cable, no dish. 40" in the living room and a 22" in the mb, we won't know what to do with ourselves. I do however, like to bring my projector and screen along during football season. Not a big fan, but something about watching a game by fire, while enjoying a nice beverage and piece if meat!

We have not mounted the tv yet, but did find the mounting plate using a large magnet. Try half way between the top of the window and ceiling and just to the right of center. Also, go to the SabreSam post and see the pics. They really helped. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #7

Quote:
What page or post # did you find the pics?
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #8

Does anyone still have links to where to hang the TV in the Sabre 5'er.. I see that SabreSam is no longer out there and this thread is exactly what I am looking to do. I have 2014 34REQS-6 and need to hang the TV in the bedroom since the cable and power are in the ceiling. Any help so I don't start drilling too many holes would be appreciated. What size screws did you guys use?
Old 04-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOutdoors View Post
Does anyone still have links to where to hang the TV in the Sabre 5'er.. I see that SabreSam is no longer out there and this thread is exactly what I am looking to do. I have 2014 34REQS-6 and need to hang the TV in the bedroom since the cable and power are in the ceiling. Any help so I don't start drilling too many holes would be appreciated. What size screws did you guys use?
36QBOK Subscribed.

shortstack1230 says he used a magnet and I seem to remember someone saying in another thread they used a magnet too but I thought the framing is all aluminum.........?
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOutdoors View Post
Here is one link: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...oom-50165.html
Gearitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:29 AM   #11

I just mounted a 32" in our TBOK. Get a magnet and you will be able to find the metal plate that is there for backing.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
CBergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote