Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS View Post
I am always looking for new ideas. I can't find any info on JT strongarm stabilizers. Do they have another name?
These are the optional stablizers. I do not have my 320 yet, but I did install them on my TT and they made a big difference. I ordered them on the 320.

As for your initial question on options, once again I havent received the new one yet but here is what I ordered and why.

Front a/c - My current TT is 33' long, and one a/c didnt cut it
Fireplace - ambiance and electric heat output so as not to use propane
Mattress upgrade - no brainer
6 way stabilizers - from what I read on the forum it works great
Bike rack - personal preference - I will probably use it more for other stuff, like firewood
dual pane windows - since I am in the HVAC business now, I know it will help in cold and hot weather to reduce load
Fantastic fans - ordered them both in bathroom and kitchen. If I am thinking correctly, they should help with heat
Slide toppers - to keep dirt and limbs off of the slides
bedroom tv - why not

I hope this helps, most of it is personal preference, but reading the thread helps a lot. Good luck, hoping to pick mine up early next week.
__________________

__________________
Dave and Kim
Charlie and Ripken (4 Leggers)
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 19
Well we went to the dealer who said they would be open today(1.5) hour drive up. All Columbus's sold. Looked through other trailers and wife and I still agree in Columbus. So we bite the bullet and decide to order and we are told one loaded is coming in. I asked which options and he said the guy who knows is not working and he is the same guy does the ordering. So nothing was accomplished today. My wife is on the Internet looking at used 😁. I'm still confident we will buy a Columbus. I will keep you posted.
__________________

__________________
Welsh2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 19
Spoke to the dealer yesterday. Says he can change a unit he ordered to add/subtract from our wish list. Goes into production on the forth. I appreciate all the comments. I will let you know how things go.
__________________
Welsh2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pearl River, La.
Posts: 121
With all of these options added is the weight still in the range of the Chevy/GMC 2500HD trucks?
__________________
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 19
I was told the leather couch does not match theater seating. Dual pane windows are a $1600 option and only an increase in one R value. Heat pump only works into the 40's and the bedroom should not need a fantastic fan because the ac has a fan in it. Also told the stabilizers are not needed if you have the six way level. Any thoughts?
__________________
Welsh2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh2722 View Post
I was told the leather couch does not match theater seating. Dual pane windows are a $1600 option and only an increase in one R value. Heat pump only works into the 40's and the bedroom should not need a fantastic fan because the ac has a fan in it. Also told the stabilizers are not needed if you have the six way level. Any thoughts?
I can't tell you about the leather couch, didn't order it.
Who told you the double pane windows add 1 in R value? The advantage of the double pane windows is not the R rating, but what the difference is between them and single pane. Look at it this way, you are doubling the glass, and adding gas in between, usually argon, which adds as an insulator. In addition, you are adding uv blockage.
The heatpump should work into the 30's, but it depends on how it is set up, whether it has a strip or not. I didnt order the HP because of the additional height, but I can see the advantages, i.e., less propane usage.
I was told the 6 way levelers are not stabilizers. I am sure they will help, but not completely. Have to ask someone who has them. I did order the stabilizers.

Hope that helps
__________________
Dave and Kim
Charlie and Ripken (4 Leggers)
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
With all of these options added is the weight still in the range of the Chevy/GMC 2500HD trucks?
You should not have a problem. I ordered just about everything and I will still be fine. I dont plan on adding 3000 lbs of "stuff".
__________________
Dave and Kim
Charlie and Ripken (4 Leggers)
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo
I can't tell you about the leather couch, didn't order it.
Who told you the double pane windows add 1 in R value? The advantage of the double pane windows is not the R rating, but what the difference is between them and single pane. Look at it this way, you are doubling the glass, and adding gas in between, usually argon, which adds as an insulator. In addition, you are adding uv blockage.
The heatpump should work into the 30's, but it depends on how it is set up, whether it has a strip or not. I didnt order the HP because of the additional height, but I can see the advantages, i.e., less propane usage.
I was told the 6 way levelers are not stabilizers. I am sure they will help, but not completely. Have to ask someone who has them. I did order the stabilizers.

Hope that helps
I have the 6 way and added the stabilizers and what a difference it made. Trust me it makes a difference
__________________
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #39
Commercial Member
 
huntr70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 435
FYI the dual pane windows in RV's are NOT thermo pane windows.

There is no argon or other inert gas between the panes.

The benefit to dual pane windows in RV's is that they are quieter, and the do not condensate like single pane windows. No significant R value difference....
__________________
Steve and Vicki
2 kids
2011 Dodge 3500 CTD Outdoorsman
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 19
Thanks for the input. Another quick question on the 320rs. I am 6'5", if I move the island will I bang my head in the pendant lamps.
__________________

__________________
Welsh2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.