Old 03-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #11

I hope they're still in business. I ordered replacement blocks when I upgraded my camper early this past summer, they've always been great to deal with.

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
I hope they're still in business. I ordered replacement blocks when I upgraded my camper early this past summer, they've always been great to deal with.
Still no response to my phone calls or e-mail. I read on another forum that John and Pearl passed away and the business was being handled by their son. But some said that noone is currently running it. Don't know if any of this is true ... it's just what I read.

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoul8r View Post
I read on another forum that John and Pearl passed away and the business was being handled by their son.
Holy smokes! I hope not!

Geez... Thinking about it, I haven't seen John and Pearl in ~5 years now... We'd cross paths normally at least twice a season in CGs. I know John was fighting his health last I saw them, and Pearl's nephew was really doing everything associated with manufacturing at that point.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #14
2014 Cardinal

Rotochoks

I had a similar problem with my set. Traded campers , They wouldn't work on my new trailer what I did was added oak spacers on the edges of the choks they work great with the add ons
Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #15
Oklahoma Proud

I know i was looking for some yesterday, and was looking on ebay and my search on there only turned up 2 items, and both were used. Im having problems trying to find any. I did find a chart for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425432076865.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	70649  
Old 03-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #16
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Still no response to my phone calls or e-mail. I read on another forum that John and Pearl passed away and the business was being handled by their son. But some said that noone is currently running it. Don't know if any of this is true ... it's just what I read.
I read the same on RV.NET. The person I spoke with definitely wasn't a "Pearl" but was still pretty helpful.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
Holy smokes! I hope not!

Geez... Thinking about it, I haven't seen John and Pearl in ~5 years now... We'd cross paths normally at least twice a season in CGs. I know John was fighting his health last I saw them, and Pearl's nephew was really doing everything associated with manufacturing at that point.
I did business with Rotochok successfully in June 2014. I did a bit of Googling and found: Pearl passed away on Sunday, October 30, 2011. Pearl was a resident of Harrington, Delaware at the time of her passing. She was preceded in death by her husband John.

John was born on February 28, 1923 and passed away on Friday, February 19, 2010. John was a resident of Harrington, Delaware.

The information in this obituary is based on data from the US Government's Social Security Death Index. No further information is available.

I can not confirm that Pearl and/or John are "Rotochok", but my purchases came from Harrington, DE.

May they rest in peace.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:10 AM   #18

Unhappy May John & Pearl rest in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickiedooFlagman View Post
I did business with Rotochok successfully in June 2014. I did a bit of Googling and found: Pearl passed away on Sunday, October 30, 2011. Pearl was a resident of Harrington, Delaware at the time of her passing. She was preceded in death by her husband John.

John was born on February 28, 1923 and passed away on Friday, February 19, 2010. John was a resident of Harrington, Delaware.

The information in this obituary is based on data from the US Government's Social Security Death Index. No further information is available.

I can not confirm that Pearl and/or John are "Rotochok", but my purchases came from Harrington, DE.

May they rest in peace.
Oh no! The Baloghs were in fact from Harrington, and February 28th was John's birthday.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Can someone who has a Sabre and uses Rotochoks tell me what letter is stamped on the front of the plate that is cranked to tighten. I bought some Rotochoks from a private party that will not fit my Sabre not realizing that there are different sizes. Mine have the letter "L" stamped on the plate and I found out these are for a wheel spacing of 4" to 5". My Sabre only has about 1 1/4" spacing between the wheels.
I was going to try and order smaller plates for my Rotochoks but still no reply from them. I found a website that used to sell them but the guy only has one pair left and does not sell replacement plates.
www.viprv.com/rotochok.cfm
There's also a few on ebay.

Well today I decided to get out my trusty saw and drill and modify my size L (4" to 5" spacing) Rotochoks to size T (up to 1 1/4"). They came out pretty good and work well. The hardest part was figuring how to take them apart.

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #20

That's too bad. I got a used pair from the classified ads on this portal, and they are really a very nice product. Hopefully somebody will carry this on so others can buy and use a very nice camping accessory that seems to be one of the better chocking/security/antibounce devices out there.
RIP.

ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote