Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #1

New 2014 Sabre 36QBOK-7

We picked it up a few weeks ago. Our tow vehicle is also new. We got a nice deal on a new 2013 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7 Liter diesel.

I was curious if anyone uses air bags. As you can see, my front end is running pretty high even with the slide hitch all the way forward. I have read that the air bags also really smooth out the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	42549  
RadColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #2

The only issues we had were a small leak from the kitchen sink as the factory forgot to install a sink gasket. Also, the TV antenna had a bad booster switch which needed to be replaced. We also had the under storage compartment flood on us as the water filter came off. Luckily only a few folding chairs were in it at the time. We camped a few days near the dealership and they fixed all problems. A few huge fans dried out the under storage compartment in no time. We love our new 5th wheel. Just winterized it last night. Can't wait to use it a lot next year.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #3

Congrats on your 2014 Sabre 36QBOK-7 and 2013 Ford F250 Crew Cab. Great looking combo!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Oklahoma Proud

Looks nice!
Radcolt you have any pics of trailer interior. We looked at a 36 this weekend that was pebble and a rear living that was khaki, we liked the pebble but would like real life views of other color options, and its hard to find any of the new interiors.
Want to figure the colors out before Jan. When we order.
Thanks!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Looks nice!
Radcolt you have any pics of trailer interior. We looked at a 36 this weekend that was pebble and a rear living that was khaki, we liked the pebble but would like real life views of other color options, and its hard to find any of the new interiors.
Want to figure the colors out before Jan. When we order.
Thanks!
Go to Wana RV Center This is where we purchased ours. They have interior pictures of all the new colors on their Sabre 5th wheels. The pictures are good quality. The only one they don't have in stock anymore is Khaki. I think the leather on Mink is too green looking. We ended up settling on Bark. I like the two tone leather-fabric sofa and valance mix. Good luck.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
Always Learning

Congrats on the 36qbok!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #7

Yes, I have air bags and they are great. You can level out the rear of your truck and they greatly improve the ride.
okietom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by okietom View Post
Yes, I have air bags and they are great. You can level out the rear of your truck and they greatly improve the ride.
What brand did you get? Also, did you install an onboard air compressor? I think most people just air up the bags with an external air compressor, but airing them up with a switch from the inside of the cab makes it look easy on the YouTube videos.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadColt View Post

I was curious if anyone uses air bags. As you can see, my front end is running pretty high even with the slide hitch all the way forward. I have read that the air bags also really smooth out the ride.
When I traded the Sabre 31 RETS for the Cedar Creek 34 RLSA I was faced with about 200# over my truck payload. Majority of the so called experts I consulted with said I was crazy to consider a new 1 ton truck and to add the Firestone Ride Rites. That is what I did and they are GREAT. I only have to add about 19 pounds to level the truck out. The ride is great.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #10

Congrats, and yes I too installed air bags on my dually. The link in my sig should have pics. I installed AirLift and their wireless onboard compressor. I like it and the on the fly control is great. I can change the ride without stopping.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #11
Incheon, S. Korea

That's what a 3/4 ton with a big fiver looks like-headlights skyward. Bags will fix that. Be safe and enjoy your awesome fiver!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Congrats, and yes I too installed air bags on my dually. The link in my sig should have pics. I installed AirLift and their wireless onboard compressor. I like it and the on the fly control is great. I can change the ride without stopping.
I wish I was more of a do it yourself person, but I flat out don't have the time. I called one of our local air bag installers. They install Firestone Ride Rites. Almost all of their installations run the compressor tubing back to the license plate (one on each side). He basically tried to talk me out of using an onboard compressor. One reason was for the cost. Second, the compressor only comes with a 90 day warranty. Third, it has to be mounted in a dry location. They usually try to put it in the cab. There is no way it will fit in my cab, plus the noise would probably be unbearable. I am curious of where you mounted your compressor and any concern about premature failure. Adjusting it on the fly sounds really nice.

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #13

Quote:
I wish I was more of a do it yourself person, but I flat out don't have the time. I called one of our local air bag installers. They install Firestone Ride Rites. Almost all of their installations run the compressor tubing back to the license plate (one on each side). He basically tried to talk me out of using an onboard compressor. One reason was for the cost. Second, the compressor only comes with a 90 day warranty. Third, it has to be mounted in a dry location. They usually try to put it in the cab. There is no way it will fit in my cab, plus the noise would probably be unbearable. I am curious of where you mounted your compressor and any concern about premature failure. Adjusting it on the fly sounds really nice.

Thanks.
Compressor is weatherproof and water resistant. It's mounted under the bed. I have the manual fill valves at the license plate also.
WirelessAIR (Air Lift 72000, al-72000) On Board Air Compressor System | Air Lift Company

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #14

I added the Firestone air bags to my Silverado HD and it works perfectly. I use a portable air compressor prior to hitching. You will find the correct pressure to add after towing a few times. My optimum PSI is 52. It will also depend on your pin box. Did you get the trail air rotoflex rubberized pin box?
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #15

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
I added the Firestone air bags to my Silverado HD and it works perfectly. I use a portable air compressor prior to hitching. You will find the correct pressure to add after towing a few times. My optimum PSI is 52. It will also depend on your pin box. Did you get the trail air rotoflex rubberized pin box?
Yes on the trail air rotoflex rubberized pin box. I think once I get it leveled out with the airbags, I should notice a smoother ride. Right now it is pretty bouncy and jerking. The Airlift Ultimate 5000 airbags are on sale with a $50 rebate. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the Airlift 72000 wireless onboard compressor. It also has a $50 rebate. I've read that Airlift and Firestone make quality bags.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Thanks.
My onboard air compressor has been riding under the drivers seat under the trucks (2) for 13 yrs and still works great.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #17

I have the air lifter 5000lb air bags on my F-350. Mine are the manual fill, I installed them myself and ran the lines to the back bumper beside the tag. I level my truck at the house prior to leaving for a trip with my air compressor in the garage and its always been fine. When I get home I let the pressure back out to about 10lbs when not towing anything. They work great. Just be sure when you call to order a kit you specify the type of hitch you have. They have special applications for several of the 5th wheel hitches.

I had to send my first kit back because it would not work with the B&W turnover ball so learn from my mistake.
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Compressor is weatherproof and water resistant. It's mounted under the bed. I have the manual fill valves at the license plate also.
WirelessAIR (Air Lift 72000, al-72000) On Board Air Compressor System | Air Lift Company

I have this compressor too. I mounted mine in the truck box under my roll'n lock can. I wanted to mount it in the engine bay but no room for it in the Dodge. Works great and it doesn't run that often when pressured up but I still wouldn't mount it in the cab.
CBergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #19
Mod free 5er

Mine is mounted under the truck right below the drivers seat. Been hanging there for 13 yrs on 2 different trucks. Still works great. Only time it comes on is when I press the button or let it down to minimum pressure and hit a swale in the road and the truck frame unloads the airbags and triggers the compressor. The compressor automatically maintains 5# IIRC.

Tags
sabre