Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #1

New Columbus 320rs

After looking at many 5th wheels for several months, The Columbus 320rs won! We finally picked up our 320 FW on Friday in the pouring rain and got it home after a 2 hour "demo / walk thru" in the rain. Everything seems to be fine and this morning I started to reload the RV for our first trip. I came across 1 box of BAL strong arm bars in the shed that were left over from our Flagstaff TT and put them on. I remember seeing someone post about these stabilzer bars and how easy it was to mount them due to the pre-mounts that were put on at the factory (and it was very easy!). My question is this, I only put 2 bars on the landing gear switch side opposing each other at a right angle and wondered if its worth the money to add 2 more to the other side and also, will putting the 4 bars on eliminate the need for a tri-pod on the pin box. Thanks for reading and cant wait for our first trip!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #2

Congrats on your new Columbus 320RS!!!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #3

I have two bars on each front landing gear and one bar on each rear stabilizer. That's how they come from the factory.
If we are staying for an extended period of time, I will set up the tri-pod on the hitch pin and drop some of the weight on it.
Congratulations on your new 320RS.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #4

Congrats, let us know how it goes for you! We love our 320!
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #5
Trailer Trash

Congrats on your 320RS. A bunch of us love ours as well. After 3 years of production, this brand is no longer brand new so the common issues have been ironed out and documented. Ask away with your problems and questions! Lots of people have the answers for you.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
Columbus 302 rs

We are in the "love our Columbus 320rs" club. Full time since the end of last August. Issues come up but are easily solved and a lot less Maintenance than a boat. We have the 320rs strongarm's and they are also great four on front and two on back.
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
"On the road again"

Count us as more 320RS owners...and lovers. We're basically quarter-timers, staying at least one week out of each month - plus the occasional weekend trips and week to 10-day vacations.

We could not be happier!! You're going to love it!!

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Congrats on your 320RS. A bunch of us love ours as well. After 3 years of production, this brand is no longer brand new so the common issues have been ironed out and documented. Ask away with your problems and questions! Lots of people have the answers for you.
We have also just picked up our new 320 rs and are looking forward to taking it on the road. Thanks
fasttruck is offline   Reply With Quote