Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #61

LOL. I swear I'm not OCD, well, not most of the time! However, I am realizing that living in a trailer full-time does tend to encourage OCD tendencies! Really like the looks of that rack system for the front compartment. Prior to me deciding to live in this temporarily our typical camping included quite a bit of dry camping so we had our 4 6 volt batteries and boxes transferred from our Big Country to the front compartment of the 320RS. They take up quite a bit of the floor space up front so that rack system would really help.

Heat pump, dual a/c, Trump mattress, 6-way auto-leveling jacks, slide toppers.
Mazeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #62
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I love the rack system in mine. I actually didnt put ming in the front storage compartment, I put mine on the front wall of the big storage area.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #63

Yea, that's where I'm going to put mine also. Along the front wall where the factory placed the jack rods. Going to relocate those probably to the rear wall, depending on whats behind it. In the front I've got the totes taken from my TT. The slots on the bottom allow weather to enter that compartment so I figured the totes would be the best route. Also have my gas grill and things like flags that the Mrs. likes to put out that don't fit in the totes.

What impresses me is the amount of storage inside the Camper also. We're trying to figure out what to put in all those cabinets. Going from a small TT to this is amazing.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #64

Send a message via Skype™ to Transporter
Mazracer:: Congrats on your new Rig.. We love ours.. About the folding chairs, we have put ours under the couch in the compartment. We also have blankets and sheets under there as well. Just a thought for you.. Not too keen on putting them behind the theater seats. Enjoy your rig. Look us up on FB for Columbus Forum!!! look forward to see you out on the road some where..

Jeff and Felicia
Missouri
2012 Ford 350 Dually Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Camped 59 days 2012
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #65
Not-so-Junior Member

I have also used totes in the past and they worked rather well, especially by putting items less used in the center and the most needed items on the outside.

Our Columbus 295 was ordered with the 5.5k generator and it essentially takes up the whole front compartment. Glad to have the generator but sorry to loose the compartment.

One option that I have been considering, but am waiting until we PU our rig next week, is the Kwikee Super Slide drawers. They are a little pricey but would make a very functional storage compartment... Check them out here:

Kwikee Super Slide II for RV Compartments - PPL Motor Homes
• 1952 Blonde Nurse
VenturaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #66

I see pros and cons to the Kwikee slide. I'd like to see one as wide as the storage compartment installed first before I pulled the trigger on one. When I'm camping I'm always looking to see what mods others have made. If it interest me then I bombard them with questions. LOL I usually offer cold beverages in exchange for info though.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Mazracer:: Congrats on your new Rig.. We love ours.. About the folding chairs, we have put ours under the couch in the compartment. We also have blankets and sheets under there as well. Just a thought for you.. Not too keen on putting them behind the theater seats. Enjoy your rig. Look us up on FB for Columbus Forum!!! look forward to see you out on the road some where..
Thanks! Is there storage under the couch? I thought with it being a hide-a-bed there wouldn't be storage, although I must confess, I haven't looked yet! Don't know if I'll want the chairs behind the couch when we're driving but it's working good while I'm stationary. I'm living in it for the next 12 months or so while I'm on a temporary assignment away from home.

Heat pump, dual a/c, Trump mattress, 6-way auto-leveling jacks, slide toppers.
Mazeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #68

We have our chairs under the couch.... along with an air mattress and sheets for it. We only used them once last year and we knew in advance so we just took them out then.

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
320rs