Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #1

New Columbus in Yankton!

Thought I would make some comments on my 320RS that was delivered a week ago to our campsite in South Dakota...
The unit arrived from RV Wholesalers with a small scratch (gouge) on the fiberglass nose. It appeared that it had nothing to do with driver error, probably caused by a rock thrown by a passing truck. The driver was a little concerned, but I told him to relax as I have done far worse with other RV's and I was actually happy that the first scratch was not mine!

- All systems worked perfectly excepting the paddle fan,,,It appears that it is not connected? unless there is a switch I could not find other than the pull chains. I will check that out our next trip..Any ideas? Seems I did remember a post on this a month or so ago.
- My fiancee and her brother pointed out a couple very minor scratches in one of the slide fascia's,,but to tell you the truth I doubt I would have ever picked up on it.
So the good news for now,,,is that my unit was delivered in very fine shape and after 48 hours of crawling around and playing with my NEW CAMPER,,,I can report 99.9% satisfaction. I did spend some time getting the TV and stereo systems hooked up to my satisfaction and spent more that a number of hours into the night watching "Easy Rider" and the "Hoosiers" on my way cool 42" inch TV and surround sound system...(better than I have at home)
MY only issue is that I live 300 miles away!

Signed, can't wait for Summer!!!!
Dru & Sherri in MO....

OBTW - The Grey color looks great and really stands out in the "sea of white" RV's at our park!!
Dru R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

If your ceiling fan is like ours and 120V, there'll be a switch somewhere in the main living area to provide power to it. It should be a household-sized wall switch as opposed to the small, 12V light switches. Our switch is on the underside of the kitchen cabinets.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #3

Thanks Dave,,,I'll check it out!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #4

The fan/light master switch is located in the control panel as you enter the trailer. One of the chains control the light, the other chain controls the fan speed.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru R
Thought I would make some comments on my 320RS that was delivered a week ago to our campsite in South Dakota...
The unit arrived from RV Wholesalers with a small scratch (gouge) on the fiberglass nose. It appeared that it had nothing to do with driver error, probably caused by a rock thrown by a passing truck. The driver was a little concerned, but I told him to relax as I have done far worse with other RV's and I was actually happy that the first scratch was not mine!

- All systems worked perfectly excepting the paddle fan,,,It appears that it is not connected? unless there is a switch I could not find other than the pull chains. I will check that out our next trip..Any ideas? Seems I did remember a post on this a month or so ago.
- My fiancee and her brother pointed out a couple very minor scratches in one of the slide fascia's,,but to tell you the truth I doubt I would have ever picked up on it.
So the good news for now,,,is that my unit was delivered in very fine shape and after 48 hours of crawling around and playing with my NEW CAMPER,,,I can report 99.9% satisfaction. I did spend some time getting the TV and stereo systems hooked up to my satisfaction and spent more that a number of hours into the night watching "Easy Rider" and the "Hoosiers" on my way cool 42" inch TV and surround sound system...(better than I have at home)
MY only issue is that I live 300 miles away!

Signed, can't wait for Summer!!!!
Dru & Sherri in MO....

OBTW - The Grey color looks great and really stands out in the "sea of white" RV's at our park!!
I still haven't been able to get the stereo surroundsund hooked up to the TV? Can you walk me thru it.
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #6

I have seen a lot of posts about issues with the surround sound. Is there something special that needs to be done to this system? I believe someone mentioned putting in HD cables? Anyone know about this? Thanks
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #7

digital audio cable from the tv to my satellite dish works! Also, I bought a sound bar. LOVE that! May just have to get one for the bedroom!!

Now for the satellite signal to the bedroom!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #8

Dave,
I followed the instructions posted by "redfinaddict" on 4-29-12.

"I am pleased to report that using a digital coaxial audio cable out of the HiSense TV to a coax in to fiber optic out converter and then using a fiber optic out to the Samsung entertainment system will give you surround sound.
You will need to go into the Tv menu select audio-select s/pdif-select dolby digital and then exit. On the Samsung receiver select source as digital-in. Remove the rca to mini plug for headphones from the Tv."

__________________________________________________ _________

I have to admit that I went to Best Buy and gave a sales person the information above,,,he got the stuff I needed,,,and I headed back to the camper to install,,,,It works well on programs that support the "5.1 dolby digital" I have cable High Def. in our campground,,,so most all the HD channels support it,,,,,Once it was all said and done,,,the cost for cables and components was about $100.00,,,was it worth it? Not sure,,,the headphone jack / RCA jacks (TV) to "AUX 2" on the stereo is pretty good also. I was not at all satisfied with the TV speakers. They are shipping the unit now with a HDMI cable that goes from the stereo DVD player to the TV,,so listening to DVD's is always good,,,(just need to swtich the inputs and outputs.)
My next task is to document how all this stuff works so when Sherri is up there with the girls they can make it all work! They do not like to spend too much time deciphering!
Good Luck,,,
Dru