Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #41
Factory Rep

The 340rk can be ordered with the counter extension that divides kitchen and living room --Deleted. Not an issue. The 320 island won't work as there is no place to anchor securely for travel .
Chris
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #42

We're real newbies at this. Have only ever owned a t.t., but after researching & reviewing so many 5th wheels, we've decided on the F340RK. Going to sit down with the dealer this weekend. Anyone have any advice or issues with their own that they want to give us a heads up on? I think we will be ordering. How long is the average time until delivery? Are the slide awnings done at the factory or does the dealer put them on? Having never done this, we have so many questions. How do we know we've found a good dealer? What should we look for in their presentation?
jthomp58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomp58 View Post
We're real newbies at this. Have only ever owned a t.t., but after researching & reviewing so many 5th wheels, we've decided on the F340RK. Going to sit down with the dealer this weekend. Anyone have any advice or issues with their own that they want to give us a heads up on? I think we will be ordering. How long is the average time until delivery? Are the slide awnings done at the factory or does the dealer put them on? Having never done this, we have so many questions. How do we know we've found a good dealer? What should we look for in their presentation?
it would help if you posted where you live.
RVW sells Columbus and you can build your own 340RK and add what you want and they'll send you a quote.
use that to shop other dealers.
warning: dealers HATE seeing quotes from RVW!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #44

We ordered ours from RVW we ordered it thanksgiving and it was done Monday. We are picking it up next week! We ordered it without the slide in island! And we are so excited!!
Rmfithen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #45

Thanks. Will definitely get a quote from RVW today. We saw the F340RK at the RV show this past weekend, and I came home to compare pricing online. The dealer is offering a very attractive price on the unit. My concern is that between the cost of add ons and the trade in we get on our old trailer, that somehow the true cost of the new unit will get lost in the numbers.

Other than price, how does it work when ordering from RVW? I am sure there is some kind of a destination/delivery charge, correct? Would we also expect to be paying that to the dealer if we buy locally? Who covers the warranty if we purchase from RVW? We are seasonal campers and would want the unit delivered right to our site in NH, as we have no current plans to go on the road with it just yet. Will they deliver it anywhere and can we set the delivery date as we would not need it until late Spring?

Any info. you can give is much appreciated. Thanks all!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #46

Quote:
Thanks. Will definitely get a quote from RVW today. We saw the F340RK at the RV show this past weekend, and I came home to compare pricing online. The dealer is offering a very attractive price on the unit. My concern is that between the cost of add ons and the trade in we get on our old trailer, that somehow the true cost of the new unit will get lost in the numbers.

Other than price, how does it work when ordering from RVW? I am sure there is some kind of a destination/delivery charge, correct? Would we also expect to be paying that to the dealer if we buy locally? Who covers the warranty if we purchase from RVW? We are seasonal campers and would want the unit delivered right to our site in NH, as we have no current plans to go on the road with it just yet. Will they deliver it anywhere and can we set the delivery date as we would not need it until late Spring?

Any info. you can give is much appreciated. Thanks all!
Just like any other deal, like a car deal, your actual price, trade in, etc will get lost in the bottom line. It doesn't matter, the only thing that does is the bottom line, the difference between your trade in and what you are paying. You have to figure out what you want for your trade, what you are willing to pay for the new one, and there is the difference. Everything else is just semantics.

As for RVW, I decided to buy from a local dealer because they were willing to give the same price on the unit, but mainly because of my trade. RVW does not take trades, or at least does not want to. The real advantage of using them is the base price of the new unit, they really do give a great discount. As far as the service, I can only see what I have read on here, and they give you a list of servicing dealers that will take care of you. There was a recent thread where the local dealer refused to service it under warranty, and RVW stepped up and found another dealer to handle it. From what I have seen, they stand behind their talk.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #47

Thank you Sporoo. We prefer to buy it locally too, but just want to have our options laid out in case we don't get a good offer from the dealer, whom we will be sitting down with today to see if we can hammer it out.

Hope to come home today being owners of a new Columbus!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #48

Columbus owners seem such a happy group of people!!! I LOVE LOVE mine!!! Pink Juice is running though it right now.... but spring is closer than fall was!!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #49

Around here in the Northeast, May 1st is the magical date when the c.g.'s open. Ninety six days, but who's counting? LOL! I seem to get the "itch" earlier and earlier every year.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #50

Quote:
Around here in the Northeast, May 1st is the magical date when the c.g.'s open. Ninety six days, but who's counting? LOL! I seem to get the "itch" earlier and earlier every year.
May 1st? If we ever get our new one,(they are now saying Feb 1st), we will be camping in March. Our local state park is open year round, including water and electric. As a matter of fact, a lot of our friends have an annual get together on New Year. (I haven't done that one yet) But we have reservations in March and April in DE.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #51

The local dealer wouldn't even consider RVW's price! RVW told us they don't do trade ins, but we sold ours in a couple weeks on either rvTrader or Craigslist, we are retired so we are going to RVW to pick it it up!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #52

Do we need stabilizers or strong arm stabilizers with the auto leveling system in the 340 RKS?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #53

On our way to pick up our new 340RK! How do you post pictures?
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #54

We just got our and they have added a bar arm that pulls way out and swivels if you want.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #55

I would recommend the Strongarms to keep it from shaking. Ours has the leveling system, but all that does is level it. It still shakes.

The best way to post pictures with most of these forums is to open a photobucket account and load your pictures there. There's even an Iphone app that you can load pictures directly from your iphone if you have one. Once you have the account, you simply copy the image link and paste it in your post. Pretty easy once you do it once.

Oh and congrats!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmfithen View Post
We just ordered the Columbus 340RKS but we are not having the "island" put in!! We actually saw one at the dealer and loved it !! This is our first 5th wheel!
I have a 340RK with the island. I'm glad we have it. I added shelfs and use it as a dry pantry since we have the double frig. It also serves as a counter top to set up as a buffet. I've been in it now for 3 wks. Love it.
astro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #57

We love our new 340RK. We have had it out camping three times this year. We use the slide out island to put pictures of the grandkids and our Scentsy warmer on. Love the kitchen set-up. We are very happy with this camper. Our previous camper was a 2011 Open Range 34 with the deck. It was great, but it was very dark inside.
Southwest NE Huskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #58

Maiden Voyage

We finally got out for our maiden voyage this past weekend. We did the first shakedown, and all in all, it wasn't too bad. We found a few things, such as the bathroom vanity is cracked, the wood, and it will need replaced. The basement radio is inop, power won't come on, still researching. The 6 way leveler has not display. It works fine, but no display, and this one baffles me to tell you the truth. The shower head does not stay in the holder during travel, the mount tilts and it falls. Oh, and we also had the infamous shower bottom rail mounted backwards. Someone seriously needs to speak with whoever is installing these things. How long has this been an issue. So far, not too much else, other than some design issues that I don't quite understand. For instance, why does just about every cabinet door hit something when you open it?

On a good note, we spent the weekend with 12 other families on a rally in downstate Delaware, and everyone was blown away by the 320. It is truly a beautiful rig! We love it.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland