Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingbear
Tammy and I were called by our dealer, Mid-America in Carthage, MO, when the 340 RK first hit his lot in December. He thought the rear kitchen would fit our needs, and he was right. The large work surfaces, the position of the stove, the storage, all fit our needs as we both like to cook. Tammy also likes that there are defined spaces, LR, Kitchen and upper Bed and Bath area. We will change our choice from buying a 320 to the new 340. The TV location is not critical to us, and we can live with it. The kitchen trumps that issue.
It will be a nice rig but we like to set down at night and watch a little TV. I love the 320 I actually have a few Ideas for evolving the Columbus but think it works well for our needs

Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #32

We had a rear kitchen Sabre prior to our 320RS. We had Euro lounge chairs which allowed us to turn towards the TV and they were very comfortable. I wouldn't like our current theater recliners in a rear kitchen and would suggest the individual lounge chairs. DW loved the counter space in the rear kitchen.

Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress
We had a rear kitchen Sabre prior to our 320RS. We had Euro lounge chairs which allowed us to turn towards the TV and they were very comfortable. I wouldn't like our current theater recliners in a rear kitchen and would suggest the individual lounge chairs. DW loved the counter space in the rear kitchen.
Seen the rear kitchen at the KC RV show nice setup but heard some folks saying it looked like wasted space. I didn't think so I liked it but I am very happy with my 320.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #34
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmfithen View Post
Actually , you are right RKS and it has that island thing or bar between the kitchen and living areas. And we ordered it without that.
the DW and i finally were able to look at the 340RK, at the nearest CW.
i told the DW and the salesman that i had read that someone on FRF, ordered theirs without the counter bar that divides the kitchen and living room.
i asked the salesman if this could be done and he said he'd find out. came back and said that the manager had called the Palomino rep, who said that it couldn't be done for structural reasons.

how did you guys get yours removed and how much did it cost to do that?
we would like to do it also and order the rolling island that comes with the 320RS. that would make the living area bigger, since the rear kitchen wastes a lot of floorspace.

i'll send a PM to Chris Columbus and find out what he says.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan

the DW and i finally were able to look at the 340RK, at the nearest CW.
i told the DW and the salesman that i had read that someone on FRF, ordered theirs without the counter bar that divides the kitchen and living room.
i asked the salesman if this could be done and he said he'd find out. came back and said that the manager had called the Palomino rep, who said that it couldn't be done for structural reasons.

how did you guys get yours removed and how much did it cost to do that?
we would like to do it also and order the rolling island that comes with the 320RS. that would make the living area bigger, since the rear kitchen wastes a lot of floorspace.

i'll send a PM to Chris Columbus and find out what he says.
Good idea that rolling bar island is special.the 340 is not that bad I kind of like it and that open plan is neat, but I still like the 320
Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #36

We just asked our sales perso at RVW, he called the factory rep who called the factory and it did not cost anything, ( I think it should cost less!) I don't know what it would have to do with the structure! Your idea about the rolling island is great!! Open Range has one without a sink you could probably buy! We have 2 golden retrievers and need the open room. Besides I think the island looks like an afterthought! It's to too low also!!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #37

Quote:
We have 2 golden retrievers and need the open room.
Ahhhh, the real reason, ha. Funny one of the reasons we like the 320 is all of the floor space. Our labs are 98 and 125lbs, and need a lot of room. When we were looking at new units, we got some weird looks when we told sales people that we had to choose a floor plan that would accomodate our dogs. Hey, it's their camper, we just pay for it!!
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #38

That is so funny that's why we got this and we were looking at 320 before! We had an Open Rang 340RL without the rolling island for the same reason!! I'm glad someone understands!! Ours wgt 105 and 92!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #39

Just got the call our new 34RK is ready!! Anyone have a good PDI checklist for 5th wheels?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #40
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Just got the call our new 34RK is ready!! Anyone have a good PDI checklist for 5th wheels?
I ended just googling for one. I found something that was 12 or so pages long. It covered everything nicely- especially for me as a newbie.